Food Industry and the Environment In the European Union: Practical Issues and Cost Implications (Second Edition )
Janet M. Dalzell
Kluwer Academic/Plenum Publishers
Environmental issues are of increasing concern to the food industry, as consumers and
legislators have forced manufacturers to become more aware of the environmental
consequences of their operations. The second edition of this book has incorporated recent
developments in Europe, such as energy conservation, pollution control and recycling of
packaging waste, and the impact of these issues on the cost and practicalities of implementing
an environmental policy.
Hardbound 348 pp ISBN 9780834217195
To find similar publications, click on a keyword below:
- Organic and Non-Organic Agriculture.
- Environmental Implications of Genetic Engineering in the Food Industry.
- Energy Efficiency and Improved Profitability.
- Noise and Air Pollution in the Food Industry:
ources, Control and Cost Implications.
- Food and Wastewater.
- Cooling and Temperature-Controlled
Storage and Distribution Systems.
- Packaging Options.
- Disposal of Used Packaging.
: environmental impact
: environmental protection
: environmental science
: food safety
: food science