Chemicals via Higher Plant Bioengineering
Edited by Fereidoon Shahidi, Paul Kolodziejczyk, John R. Whitaker, Agustin Lopez Munguia and Glenn Fuller
Kluwer Academic/Plenum Publishers
Topics in this groundbreaking proceedings include: the manipulation of genes in plants in
order to produce needed food-related compounds, novel vaccines and therapeutic reagents,
better overall fruits and vegetables, improved nutritional quality, and prevention of problems
affecting the quality of plant foods. General strategies are presented on how to efficiently
approach the bioengineering of a plant for better properties by creating arsenals of various
cloned genes for enzymes from plant algae, fungal, and bacterial sources.
Hardbound 284 pp ISBN 9780306461170
To find similar publications, click on a keyword below:
- 1. Chemicals in Higher Plants via Bioengineering: An Overview; F. Shahidi, P.P. Kolodzieczyk.
- 2. Recent progress in agricultural biotechnology and opportunities for contract research and development;
P.P. Kolodziejczyk, P. Fedec.
- 3. Manipulation of plant oil composition for the production of valuable chemicals in progress,
problems and prospects; D.J. Murphy.
- 4. Biosynthesis of Oricinoleate in castor oil; T.A. McKeon, et al.
- 5. Monoterpenes in essential oils: Biosynthesis and properties; H. Loza-Tavera.
- 6. Biochemical and molecular tools for the production of useful terpene products from pepper
(Capsicum ammuum); E. Lozoya-Glona.
- 7. Towards the production of salt-tolerant crops; B.J. Barkla, et al.
- 8. Combinatorial chemistry and its applications in agriculture and food; D.W.S. Wong, G.H. Robertson.
- 9. Biological nitrogen fixation and future challenges of agriculture: The endophytic connection; F. Sanchez, et al.
- 10. Molecular strategies to improve the nutritional quality of legume proteins; B.O. deLumen, et al.
- 11. Molecular farming of industrial proteins from transgenic maize; G.E. Hood, et al.
- 12. Improvements in human health through production of human milk proteins in transgenic food plants; T.
Arakawa, et al.
- 13. Plant-derived cholera toxin B subunit for vaccination and immunotolerization; T. Arakawa, et al.
- 14. Autoantigens produced in plants for oral tolerance therapy of automimmune disesases; S. Ma, A.M. Jevnikar.
- 15. Production of food related colorants by culture plant cells. The case of betalains; A. Jimenez-Aparicio, G.
- 16. Production or recombinant blood factors in transgenic plants; M. Theisen.
- 17. Recent progress in biotechnology of Mexican medicinal plants; M.L. Villarreal, et al.
- 18. Chemicals from roots, hairy roots and their application; B. Canto-Canché, V.M. Loyola-Vargas.
: agriculture & forestry
: molecular biology
: novel crops
: plant genetics
: plant science
: speciality chemicals