Plant Genome Analysis
Edited by Peter M Gresshoff
This book presents an analysis and explanation of molecular technologies as applied in agriculture.
Advances in genome analysis, including DNA amplification (DAF and RAPD) markers, RFLPs, and
microsatellites are reviewed by accomplished scientists, many of whom are the developers of the technique
in question. Legal aspects are presented in articles written by patent lawyers experienced in plant biotechnology.
Several chapters focus on special elements of genome analysis, including:
Hardback 256 pages ISBN 9780849382642
- use of antisense technology
- investigation of telomeres
- production of plant YACs
- importance of cell cycle genes in plants
Other chapters focus on specialised topics of genome analysis. These include a description of
antisense technology in the study of photosynthesis and a comprehensive review of the characterisation
and isolation of plant telomere, including their use in varietal discrimination. A detailed analysis of cytoplasmic
male sterility in the French bean that focuses on the mitochondrial genome is described. The book also contains
a chapter on the production of yeast artificial chromosomes (YACs) carrying soybean DNA. Genes of the cell
cycle in plants and their importance in developmental processes are presented, as are detailed chapters on the
molecular mapping of trees (apples and pines), and nodulation-related genes in legumes. A comprehensive index
and a complete glossary are included.
To find similar publications, click on a keyword below:
- Genome Mapping and Agriculture (R.C. Shoemaker, L.L. Lorenzen, B.W. Diers, and T.C. Olson).
- Usefulness of Plant Genome Mapping to Plant Breeding (F.L. Allen).
- Technology for Molecular Breeding: RAPD Markers, Microsatellites, and Machines (J.A. Rafalski, M.K.
Hanafey, S.V. Tingey, and J.G.K. Williams).
- Multiple Arbitrary Amplicon Profiling Using Short Oligonucleotide Primers (G. Caetano-AnollÚs, B.J. Bassam,
and P.M. Gresshoff).
- Length Polymorphisms of Simple Sequence Repeat (SSR) DNA as Molecular Markers
in Plants (P.B. Cregan, M.S. Akkaya, A.A. Bhagwat, U. Lavi, and J. Rongwen).
- FISH, DNA Amplification Markers and Conifers (J.E. Carlson, Y.-P. Hong, G.R. Brown, and J.C. Glaubitz).
- Molecular Exploitation of Soybean Genetic Resources (L.O. Vodkin).
- Molecular Mapping of Soybean Nodulation Genes (P.M. Gresshoff and D. Landau-Ellis).
- Plant Telomeres as Molecular Markers (A.M. Kolchinsky and P.M. Gresshoff).
- Plant Yeast Artificial Chromosome Libraries and Their Use: Status and Some Strategic Considerations
(R.P. Funke and A.M. Kolchinsky).
- Duplicate Loci in Soybean: Characterization of the sle and A071 Loci (K.M. Polzin, E.S. Calvo, T.C. Olson,
and R.C. Shoemaker).
- Antisense RNA Inhibition of Photosynthetic Gene Expression (S. Rodermel, C-Z. Jiang, D. Kliebenstein, and J. Qian).
- Organization and Expression of Mitochondrial DNA Sequences Associated with Cytoplasmic Male
- Sterility in Phaseolus vulgaris L. (C.D. Chase and M.J. Bassett).
- Cell Cycle Genes and Their Plant Homologues (J. Deckert, N. Taranenko, and P.M. Gresshoff).
- The Basics of the Patent Process (L. Terlizzi).
- Recent Cases and Legislative Initiatives Pertaining to Biotechnology (R.H. Kjeldgaard).
- Patenting DNA: Is There a Bull in the China Shop? (L.L. Greenlee).
: cell biology
: molecular biology
: plant genetics
: plant science