Global Plant Genetic Resources for Insect-Resistant Crops
Edited by Stephen L Clement and Sharron S Quisenberry
This book covers the conservation and use of global plant genetic resources for sustainable
agricultural production. It explores plant biodiversity, its preservation, and its use to develop
crops resistant to pests and hence the potential to reduce (world-wide) the need to use chemical
pesticides. It concludes that to achieve this requires close, effective, and long-term collaboration
among different players, including germplasm curators, plant breeders, molecular biologists,
entomologists, ecologists, and social scientists.
Hardback 320 pages ISBN 9780849326950
- Germplasm Evaluation and Utilization for Insect Resistance in Rice, Elvis A. Heinrichs and Sharron S.
- The Value of Conserved Wheat Germplasm Evaluated for Arthropod Resistance, C. Michael Smith, Sharron S.
Quisenberry, and Francois du Toit
- Insect Resistance in Barley Germplasm, David R. Porter, Dolores W. Mornhinweg, and James A. Webster
- Genetic Diversity of Sorghum: A Source of Insect-Resistant Germplasm, George L. Teetes, Gary C.
Peterson, Kanayo F. Nwanze, and Bonnie B. Pendleton
- Bean Germplasm Resources for Insect Resistance, Cesar Cardona and Julia Kornegay
- Assessment of Soybean Germplasm for Multiple Insect Resistance, David J. Boethel
- Germplasm Resources, Insect Resistance, and Grain Legume Improvement, Stephen L. Clement, Massimo
Cristofaro, Susan E. Cowgill, and Susanne Weigand.
- Alfalfa Germplasm Resources and Insect Resistance, George R. Manglitz and Edgar L. Sorensen
Root and Tuber Crops
- Vegetable Crops: Search for Arthropod Resistance in Genetic Resources, James D. Barbour
Basic Research and Biotechnology
- Utilization of Sweetpotato Genetic Resources to Develop Insect Resistance, Wanda W. Collins ,
- Edward E. Carey, Il-Gin Mok, Paul Thompson, and Zhang Da Peng
- The Potato: Genetic Resources and Insect Resistance, Kathy L. Flanders, Silvia Arnone, and Edward B.
To find similar publications, click on a keyword below:
- Plant Genetic Resources for the Study of Insect-Plant Interactions, Sanford D. Eigenbrode and Stephen
- Biotechnological Applications of Plant Genes in the Production of Insect Resistant Crops, Angharad M.R.
: agriculture & forestry
: crop protection
: integrated crop protection
: pest control
: plant genetics