Molecular Biology of the Biological Control of Pests and Diseases of Plants
Edited by Muthukumaran Gunasekaran and Darrell Jack Weber
While many books are available on biological control, this is the only book to detail the application
of molecular biology to control of pests and diseases. Each chapter deals with a different pathogen
and the application of new molecular biological techniques to the biocontrol of the pathogen. As a
result it provides a comprehensive list of organisms available with discussions on viruses, bacteria,
fungi, nematodes, protozoa, weeds, and insects by internationally respected experts. In addition
various control methods are described and techniques commonly used in molecular biology to
identify the etiological agents, diagnose diseases and develop control methods are reviewed.
Hardback 240 pages ISBN 9780849324420
To find similar publications, click on a keyword below:
- Approaches to the Control of Pests and Diseases of Plants.
- Molecular Approaches to Biological Control of Virus Diseases of Plants.
- Molecular Biology of the Biological Control of Plant Bacterial Diseases.
- Molecular Biology of Fungal Diseases.
- The Role of Molecular Biology in Developing Biological Controls for Plant-Parasitic Nematodes.
- Genetically Enhanced Baculovirus Insecticides.
- Molecular Biology of Bacteria for the Biological Control of Insects.
- Molecular Biology of Fungi for the Control of Insects.
- Molecular Biology of Protozoa for Biological Control of Harmful Insects.
- Molecular Biology of Bacteria and Fungi for Biological Control of Weeds.
- Integrated Pest Management Strategies.
- Future Considerations.
: agriculture & forestry
: biological control
: crop protection
: disease control
: integrated crop protection
: molecular biology
: pest control
: plant pathology
: plant science
: weed science