Polar Seas Oceanography - An Integrated Case Study of the Kara Sea
Volkov, V.A. and Johannessen, O.M.
Softcover 500 pp, 220 figs, 10 colour ISBN 9783540429692
Rapid development of Earth observation satellite using remote sensing techniques enables
observations of the oceanic processes by sea and airborne study to be carried out
over vast areas in a short time. This first book written by Russian and Norwegian
scientists is an analysis of studies of the Kara Sea and presents a unique catalogue of
environmental and pollution data of the joint Norwegian and Russian oceanographic
expedition studies of the Kara Sea spanning three decades.
- Field Studies of the Kara Sea
- Main Factors Determining the Oceanographical Regime
- Main Features of Oceanographical Regime
- Modelling of the Water Circulation
- Tides and Tidal Streams
- Ice Cover and Ice Processes
- Observation and Modelling of Transport of Radioactive Pollution in the Kara Sea
Series: Springer Praxis Books.
To find similar publications, click on a keyword below:
: environmental impact
: environmental science
: water science