Hardcover 202 pp ISBN 9783642199646
- Covers one of the hot topics of alternative energy generation
- Represents the state-of-the-art in thermovoltaics which is expected to become as important as photovoltaics
- Deals with thermovoltaics, a method for direct generation of electric energy from heat
- The basics are clearly explained
Applications like energy production from waste heat recovery and concentrated solare power are the main
focus of this book aimed at researchers in thermovoltaics and engineers in alternative energy generation covering
the science and technology associated with the direct generation of electricity from high temperature heat.
Potential applications include combined heat and power, portable and auxiliary power, radioisotope space power,
industrial waste heat recovery and concentrated solar power.
This book aims to serve as an introduction to the underlying theory, overview of present day components
and system arrangements, and update of the latest developments in the field. The emphasis is placed on the
understanding of the critical aspects of efficient thermophotovoltaic system design. The aim is to assist
researchers in the field.
To find similar publications, click on a keyword below:
- PART I: Radiators (Emitters).- Filters.- Photovoltaic Cells.
- PART II: SYSTEMS.- Heat Transfer.-
Cavity Design and Optical Control.- Competing Technologies.- Projected System Performances
and Potential Applications.
: power generation
: renewable energy