Introduction to Hydro Energy Systems
Hermann-Josef Wagner, Jyotirmay Mathur
Hardcover 140 pp ISBN 9783642207082
- Shows a strict balance between a short book chapter and very detailed book for subject experts
- Hydropower is quite interdisciplinary and book gives simplified presentations for persons from
- It meets requirements of starting students from different disciplines: mechanical, electrical, civil, law
The authors have tried to strike a balance between a short book chapter and a very detailed book for
subject experts. There are three prime reasons behind for doing so: first, the field is quite interdisciplinary
and requires simplified presentation for a person from non-parent discipline. The second
reason for this short-version of a full book is that both the authors have seen students and technically oriented
people, who were searching for this type of book on hydro energy. The third reason and motivation
was considering engineers who are starting their career in hydro energy sector. This book is targeted to present
a good starting background and basic understanding for such professionals.
To find similar publications, click on a keyword below:
- Introduction and Status of Hydropower.
- Terminology and Legal Framework
Physical and Technical Basics of Hydropower
- Components of Hydropower Plants
Hydraulic turbines: Types and operational aspects.
- Use of Ocean Energies.
Economics of Hydropower Plants.
- Outlook for Hydropower.
: power generation
: renewable energy
: sustainable development