Sustainable Bioenergy and Bioproducts
Edited by Gopalakrishnan, Kasthurirangan; van Leeuwen, J. (Hans); Brown, Robert C
Hardcover 228 pp ISBN 9781447123231
- Compares the performance of biofuel-biotechnology byproducts and currently used bio-based materials
- Compiles information to broaden and deepen the reader's knowledge of the recent technological innovations and emerging concepts in bio-based civil infrastructure sustainability
- Assesses the competitiveness of biobased products compared to other food crop cultivations
Sustainable Bioenergy and Bioproducts considers the recent technological innovations
and emerging concepts in biobased energy production and coproducts utilization. Each chapter in
this book has been carefully selected and contributed by experts in the field to provide a good understanding
of the various challenges and opportunities associated with sustainable production of biofuel.
It covers a broad and detailed range of topics including, production capacity of hydrocarbons in the plant kingdom,
algae, and microbes; biomass pretreatment for biofuel production; microbial fuel cells; sustainable use of biofuel
co-products; bioeconomy and transportation infrastructure impacts and assessment of environmental risks and
the life cycle of biofuels.
Of interest to researchers, practitioners, undergraduate and graduate students engaged in the study of biorenewables,
and members of the well-informed public who will find Sustainable Bioenergy and Bioproducts to be a useful and
comprehensive research tool, describing the state of the art and recent developments in this field.
To find similar publications, click on a keyword below:
- Linear Hydrocarbon Producing Pathways in Plants, Algae and Microbes.
- Fungal Treatment of Crop Processing Wastewaters with Value-added Co-products.
- Fungal Biosorption of Ni (II) Ions.
- Biomass Pretreatment for Biofuel Production.
- Second-generation Biofuel Production from Corn-ethanol Industry Residues.
- Bio-renewable Asphalt Modifiers and Asphalt Substitutes.
- Sustainable Utilization of Bio-fuel Co-Product in Roadbed Stabilization.
- Microbial Fuel Cells for Bioenergy and Bioproducts.
- Bioeconomy and Transportation Infrastructure Impacts: A Case Study of Iowa€s Renewable Energy.
- Assessing the Environmental Risks and Opportunities of Bioenergy Cropping.
- Key Issues in Life Cycle Assessment of Biofuels.
: environmental science
: fuel cells
: life cycle analysis
: sustainable development