The Handbook of Biomass Combustion and Co-firing
Edited by Sjaak van Loo and Jaap Koppejan
This unique handbook presents both the theory and application of biomass combustion and co-firing, from
basic principles to industrial combustion and environmental impact, in a clear and comprehensive manner.
It offers a solid grounding on biomass combustion, and advice on improving combustion systems.
Paperback 464 pp ISBN 9781849711043
Hardback 464 pp ISBN 9781844072491
Written by leading international academics and industrial experts, and prepared under the auspices of the
IEA Bioenergy Implementing Agreement, the handbook is an essential resource for anyone interested in
biomass combustion and co-firing technologies varying from domestic woodstoves to utility-scale power
generation. The book covers subjects including biomass fuel pre-treatment and logistics, modelling
the combustion process and ash-related issues, as well as featuring an overview of the current R&D
needs regarding biomass combustion.
To find similar publications, click on a keyword below:
- Biomass Fuel Properties and Basic Principles of Biomass Combustion
- Biomass Fuel Supply and Pre-treatment
- Domestic Wood-Burning Appliances
- Combustion Technologies for Industrial and District Heating Systems
- Power Generation and Co-generation
- Biomass Ash Characteristics and Behaviour in Combustion Systems
- Environmental Aspects of Biomass Combustion
- Research and Development: Needs and Ongoing Activities
: Recent additions
: renewable energy