Membrane Technology - Practical Guide to Membrane Technology and Applications in Food and Bioprocessing
Z F Cui & H S Muralidhara
Hardcover 312 pp ISBN 9781856176323
- Covers the latest technologies and applications in this fast moving bioprocessing sector
- Presents a wide range of case studies that ensure readers benefit from the hard-won experience of others,
saving time, money and effort.
Membrane technology is a rapidly developing area, with key growth accross the process sector, including
biotech separation and biomedical applications (e.g. haemodialysis, artificial lungs), through to large scale industrial
applications in the water and waste-water processing and the food and drink industries. As processes mature,
and the cost of membranes continues to dramatically reduce, so their applications and use are set to expand.
Process engineers need access to the latest information in this area to assist with their daily work and to help to
develop and apply new and ever more efficient liquid processing solutions.
This book covers the latest technologies and applications, with contributions from leading figures in the field.
Throughout, the emphasis is on delivering solutions to practitioners. Real world case studies and data from
leading organizations -- including Cargill, Lilly, Microbach, ITT -- mean this book delivers the latest solutions
as well as a critical working reference to filtration and separation professionals.
Of interest to Chemical and process, mechanical and environmental engineers, microbiologists in the food,
bioprocessing, biopharma, biotech, enzyme processing, bioenergy, waste water sectors.
- Membrane Fouling and Cleaning in Food and Bioprocessing
- Membrane Applications in Monoclonal Antibody Production
- Fundamentals of Pressure Driven Membrane Separation Processes
- Membrane Technologies for Food Processing Waste Treatment
- Practical Aspects of Membrane System Design in Food and Bioprocessing Applications
- Application of Membrane Technology in Vegetable Oil Processing
- Membrane Processes for the Production of Bulk Fermentation Products
- Membrane Processes in Fruit Juice Processing
- Challenges of Membrane Technology in the XXI Century
- US Regulatory Approval of Membrane Technology
- Membrane Application in Soy Sauce Processing
To find similar publications, click on a keyword below:
: food science
: process engineering