This important book provides a comprehensive review of our current knowledge of the
world's leguminous plants and their symbiotic bacteria. Written by
a world authority in the area, Legume Nodulation contains comprehensive details of the following:
Hardcover 200 pp ISBN 9781405181754
- An up to date review of legume taxonomy and a full list of the world's genera
- Details of how legumes are distributed throughout the world
- A review of the evolution of legume nodulation
- Comprehensive details of all microorganisms known to be symbiotic with legumes
- Ecological and environmental aspects of legume-bacteria symbiosis
This book will be of value to plant scientists, agronomists, ecologists and microbiologists.
Libraries in all universities and research establishments where biological and agricultural sciences are
studied and taught should have copies of this landmark publication.
1. Nodulation in a Taxonomic Context
To find similar publications, click on a keyword below:
2. Global Distribution of Legumes
2.3 Seasonally dry tropical forests (succulent biome)
2.5 Temperate regions
2.6 Invasive legumes
3. Evolution of Nodulation
3.1 When did nodulation first occur?
3.2 Where did nodulation first occur? Where are nodulated legumes going?
3.3 How was the information for nodulation acquired?
3.4 Why was nodulation necessary?
3.5 Model legumes
4. Bacteria Nodulating Legumes
4.3 Other bacterial nodule occupants
4.6 Stability and genetic exchange
5. Development and Functioning of Nodules
5.1 Root hair infection
5.2 The role of hormones
5.4 Formation of symbiosomes
5.5 Nodules lacking root hair infection
5.6 Other variations on nodule structure
5.7 Functioning nodules. The critical role of oxygen
5.8 Nitrogen fixation and export of products
5.9 Nodule effectiveness
5.10 The bacteria within the nodules- control by the bacteria, plant or both?
5.11 Constraints on nitrogen fixation in agriculture and the environment
5.12. Legumes, pests and pathogens
6. Some Legumes for the Future?
6.1 Human food
6.2 Forage legumes
6.3 Pharmaceutical uses
6.4 Other uses
: agriculture & forestry
: nitrogen cycle
: nitrogen fixation
: plant nutrition
: plant science