Nutrients, Dietary Supplements, and Nutriceuticals: Cost Analysis Versus Clinical Benefits
Edited by Watson, Ronald Ross; Gerald, Joe K; Preedy, Victor R
Springer (Humana Press)
Nutrients, Dietary Supplements, and Nutriceuticals: Cost Analysis Versus Clinical Benefits provides
the most current, concise, scientific appraisal and economic analysis (costs vs. benefit) of nutritional
supplements and bioactive components (nutriceuticals) of foods in improving the quality of life. It fills
a much-needed gap to have a single volume provide a synopsis of cost analysis of dietary supplements
and nutritional products as well as therapies for treatment and prevention of disease. Chapters include
emerging fields of science and important discoveries relating to early stages of new nutriceuticals in
cancer prevention, prior to clinical trials.
Hardcover 486 pp ISBN 9781607613077
Written by international and national standing leaders in the field, Nutrients,
Dietary Supplements, and Nutriceuticals: Cost Analysis Versus Clinical Benefits is essential reading for nutritionists,
pharmacologists, health care professionals, research scientists, cancer workers, pathologists, molecular and cellular
biochemists, physicians, general practitioners as well as those interested in diet and nutrition in disease resistance
via immune regulation.
To find similar publications, click on a keyword below:
- Design of economic incentive instruments in nutrition policy
- Nutrition Policy for the
Prevention of Disease: Issues of Cost-effectiveness.
- Economics of food fortification.
economic value of dietary supplements.
- Influences on the purchase of fruit and vegetables by parents for
- Fruit and Vegetable Prices, Dietary Intakes and Income: Potential Cost versus Benefit.
role of ethnicity in shaping dietary patterns: a review on the social and psychological correlates of food consumption
- Low-cost food, recovery and death in malnourished children
- Using price incentives to
increase the consumption of fruits and vegetables among a low-income population.
of nutritional interventions for bone health in children and young adults € what is known and where are the gaps?
Economic evaluation of dental caries prevention programs using milk and its products as the vehicle
for Fluorides: cost versus benefits.
- Cost effective natural antioxidants
- Zinc intervention strategies:
Cost and health benefits.
- Multifaceted Therapeutic Value of Roselle (Hibiscus sabdariffa L. - Malvaceae).
The Effectiveness and Economical Benefits of Cosmetic Treatments and Procedures vs Natural Treatments and Life
- Anti viral potential of vegetables: can they be cost effective agents for human disease?
Citrus products and their use against bacteria: Potential health and cost benefits
Potential Chemopreventive Effects of Fruits, Vegetables, and Spices Consumed in Mexico
Bioactive nutritional supplements for chronic kidney disease: Potential Cost benefits
Preoperative Immunonutrition: Cost-benefit Analysis.
- Nutritional management of hypertension:
Cost versus benefit
- Cost-effectiveness analysis of the Mediterranean diet for persons after a heart attack
Nutrition and benefits of early intervention in diabetes, cardiovascular and noncommunicable diseases.
Cost Effectiveness of Glycemic Control
- Benefits of Low Glycemic and High Satiety Index Foods
for Obesity and Diabetes Control and Management.
- Importance and Benefits of Lifestyles
Changes vs Diabetes Drugs in Effective Management of Diabetes
- Cost of Pycnogenol Supplementation
and Traditional Diabetes Treatments per Unit of Improved Health Outcome.
- Pycnogenol Supplementation
and Cardiovascular Health: Treatment and Cost-Benefit Analysis.
: food science
: human health
: nutrition, human