The Right Sensory Mix - Targeting Consumer Product Development Scientifically
Why do some people drink black coffee and others stick to tea? Why do some people prefer
competitors€ products? Why do we sell less in this country?
Hardcover 146 pp ISBN 9783642120923
Many companies fail to acknowledge and analyze disparities observed among customers
and simply put them down to culture or emotion. New neuroendocrinological research proves
that consumers are rational: They just have a different biological perception of the same stimulus!
Their preferences, behavior, and decisions are strongly influenced by the hundreds of millions
of sensors monitoring their body and brain. People with more taste buds are for example sensitive to
bitterness and are more likely to drink their coffee with sugar or milk, or to drink tea.
After reading the book, managers will be able to:
- Understand and predict consumers€ behavior and preferences
- Design the right sensory mix (color, shape, taste, smell, texture, and sound) for each product
- Fine-tune their positioning and product range for local markets
- Systematically increase their innovation hit rate
To find similar publications, click on a keyword below:
Coming to our Senses.
- Detecting Profitable Markets.
- Predicting Consumers' Behavior.
- The Right Sensory Mix.
- Increasing the Innovation Hit Rate
: consumer affairs
: food science