Impact of Climate Change on Natural Resource Management
Edited by Jana, Bipal K.; Majumder, Mrinmoy
As climate change takes hold, there is an ever-growing need to develop and apply strategies that
optimize the use of natural resources, both on land and in water. This book covers a huge range of
strategies that can be applied to various sectors, from forests to flood control. Its aim, as with resource
management itself, is to combine economics, policy and science to help rehabilitate and preserve our
Hardcover 415 pp ISBN 9789048135806
Beginning with papers on carbon sequestration, including the practice of artificial desertification, the topics
move on to cover the use of distributed modeling and neural networks in estimating water availability and
distribution. Further chapters look at uncertainty analysis applied to the spatial variation of hydrologic resources,
and finally the book covers attempts at estimating meteorological parameters in the context of hydrological
variables such as evapo-transpiration from stream flow.
Within the next decade, the effects of climate change will be severe, and felt by ordinary human beings.
This book proposes a raft of measures that can mitigate, if not reverse, the impact of global warming on the
resources we have all come to depend on.
Key themes: climate change, water availability, neuro-genetic models, carbon sequestration, biomass carbon,
remote sensing, distributed hydrologic simulation
To find similar publications, click on a keyword below:
- Impact of Climate Change : Separating the Causes from the Effects.
- Estimation of Carbon
Dioxide emission contributing GHG level in Ambient Air of a Metro City : a Case Study for Kolkata.
Impact of Climate Change on the Availability of Virtual Water Estimated with the Help of Distributed Neurogenetic
- Use of Forest Index in Estimation of Water Availability due to Climate Change.
Application of Partly Classified Neurogenetic Models to Analyze the Impact of Climatic Uncertainty on
- Impact of Climatic Uncertainty on Water Sequestration of a Subtropical River Basin.
Estimating Spatial Variation of River Discharge in Face of Desertification Induced Uncertainty.
Spatial Variation of Natural Water Resource in 2070 within a Rainfed Multi-reservoir River Catchment :
Case Study of the Future.
- Water Quality Index and Surface Algorithms to Simulate the Impact
of Industrialization on Water Quality
- Identification of Water Stressed Regions with the Help of Continuously
Distributed Modified Neurogenetic Models.
- Impact of Soil, Landuse and Storage Capacity on River Runoff.
- Estimation of the Spatial Variation of Rainfall by Neural Models and Surface Algorithms.
Estimation of the Spatial Variation of Streamflow by Neural Models and Surface Algorithms.
Estimation of the Spatial Variation of Water Quality by Neural Models and Surface Algorithms.
Estimation of the Spatial Variation of Pollution Load
- Determination of Evapotranspiration from Streamflow
with the Help of Classified Neurogenetic model.
- Determination of Urban and Rural Monsoonal
Evapotranspiration by Neurogenetic Models.- Natural Resource Management : Mitigating the Impact.
Accumulation of Carbon Stock through Plantation in Urban Areas.
- Conservation of Natural Resources
with the Application of Carbon Sequestration and Carbon Economy
- Measurement of Diurnal Carbon
Sequestration Rate, Above-Ground Bio-Mass Carbon Potential, Soil Respiration & Soil Carbon in Two
Natural Forests of India.
- Determination of Adaptive Strategies for Optimum Distribution of Green Water
to Mitigate the Impact of Climate Change on Agriculture.
: business & management
: carbon cycle
: climate change
: water science