Enzymes in Fruit and Vegetable Processing - Chemistry and Engineering Applications
Edited by Alev Bayindirli
The enzyme market for the fruit and vegetable industry has grown exponentially in recent years, and while
many books covering enzymes currently exist on the market, none offer the specialized focus on fruits and
vegetables like this one. With contributions from more than 25 contributors who are experts in their respective
fields, Enzymes in Fruit and Vegetable Processing: Chemistry and Engineering Applications focuses on the most
promising international research developments and their current and potential industrial applications.
Hardcover 405 pp ISBN 9781420094336
This book is devoted to enzymes in fruit and vegetable processing: from chemistry to engineering aspects.
It discusses the effect of enzymatic reactions on color, flavor, and texture; enzyme-assisted production of
value-added products from fruit and vegetable processing; the effects of non-thermal technologies on fruit and
vegetable enzymes; biosensors for fruit and vegetable processing; and future trends for the industrial use of enzymes.
This complete reference discusses the latest enzyme-assisted technologies and potential applications
of cutting-edge approaches to help fruit and vegetable processors remain competitive in a fast-paced
global market. It is also valuable for graduate students and novice researchers who will undoubtedly play
an important role in future research of enzymes in fruit and vegetable processing.
To find similar publications, click on a keyword below:
- Introduction to Enzymes, Alev Bayindirli
- Effect of Enzymatic Reactions on Color of Fruits and Vegetables, J. Brian Adams
- Major Enzymes of Flavor Volatiles Production and Regulation in Fresh Fruits and Vegetables, Jun Song
- Effect of Enzymatic Reactions on Texture of Fruits and Vegetables, Luis F. Goulao, Domingos P. F. Almeida, and Cristina M. Oliveira
- Selection of the Indicator Enzyme for Blanching of Vegetables, Vural Gökmen
- Enzymatic Peeling of Citrus Fruits, Maria Teresa Pretel, Paloma Sánchez-Bel, Isabel Egea, and Felix Romojaro
- Use of Enzymes for Non-Citrus Fruit Juice Production, Liliana N. Ceci and Jorge E. Lozano
- Enzymes in Citrus Juice Processing, Domenico Cautela, Domenico Castaldo, Luigi Servillo, and Alfonso Giovane
- Use of Enzymes for Wine Production, Encarna Gómez-Plaza, Inmaculada Romero-Cascales, and Ana Belén Bautista-Ortín
- Effect of Novel Food Processing on Fruit and Vegetable Enzymes, Indrawati Oey
- Biosensors for Fruit and Vegetable Processing, Danielle Cristhina Melo Ferreira, Lucilene Dornelles Mello, Renata Kelly Mendes, and Lauro Tatsuo Kubota
- Enzymes in Fruit and Vegetable Processing: Future Trends in Enzyme Discovery, Design, Production, and Application,
Marco A. van den Berg, Johannes A. Roubos, and Lucie Parenicová
: food science
: process engineering