Infrared Spectroscopy for Food Quality Analysis and Control
Edited by Da-Wen Sun
Written by an international panel of professional and academic peers, this book provides the engineer
and technologist working in research, development and operations in the food industry with critical and
readily accessible information on the art and science of infrared spectroscopy technology. The book
should also serve as an essential reference source to undergraduate and postgraduate students and
researchers in universities and research institutions. Infrared (IR) Spectroscopy deals with
the infrared part of the electromagnetic spectrum. It measure the absorption of different IR
frequencies by a sample positioned in the path of an IR beam.
Hardcover 448 pp ISBN 9780123741363
Currently, infrared spectroscopy is
one of the most common spectroscopic techniques used in the food industry. With the rapid development
in infrared spectroscopic instrumentation software and hardware, the application of this technique has
expanded into many areas of food research. It has become a powerful, fast, and non-destructive tool for
food quality analysis and control. Infrared Spectroscopy for Food Quality Analysis and
Control reflects this rapid technology development.
The book is divided into two parts. Part I addresses principles and instruments, including theory,
data treatment techniques, and infrared spectroscopy instruments. Part II covers the application
of IRS in quality analysis and control for various foods including meat and meat products, fish and
related products, and others.
Of interest to engineers and technologists working in research, development and operations in the food industry.
Should also serve as an essential reference source to undergraduate and postgraduate students and
researchers in universities and research institutions.
PART I: FUNDAMENTALS AND INSTRUMENTS
- Principles of Infrared Technology Eric Dufour
- Data Pre-processing smund Rinnan Lars N rgaard, Frans van den Berg, Rasmus Bro, and S ren Balling
- Multivariate Calibration for Quantitative Analysis Marcel Blanco Romia and Manel Alcal Bern rdez
- Multivariate Classification for Qualitative Analysis Davide Ballabio and Roberto Todeschini
- Calibration Transfer Methods Frans van den Berg and smund Rinnan
- Infrared (IR) Spectroscopy-Near infrared spectroscopy and mid infrared spectroscopy Yigun Huang,
Barbara Rasco, Anna Grazia Cavinato, and Murad Al-Holy
- Fourier Transform Infrared (FT-IR) Spectroscopy Anand Subramanian and Luis E.
PART II: APPLICATIONS
To find similar publications, click on a keyword below:
- Meat and Meat Products Rahul Reddy Gangidi and Andrew Proctor
- Fish and Related
Products Musleh Uddin and Emiko Okazaki
- Milk and Dairy Products C.C. Fagan, C.C. O'Donnell,
Lutz Rudzik and Eberhard West
- Cereals and Cereal Products Birthe M ller Jespersen and Lars R. Munck
- Fruits and Vegetables Hartwig Schulz and Malgorzata Baranska
- Fruit Juices Yigun Huang, Barbara Rasco, and Anna Grazia Cavinato
- Wine and Beer Daniel Cozzolino and Robert B. Dambergs
- Egg and Egg Products Romdhane Karoui, Bart De Ketelaere, Bart Kemps, Flip Bamelis,
Kristof Mertens, and Josse De Baerde Maeker
: food & beverage products
: food science
: quality assessment
: quality assurance