Plant Propagation Concepts and Laboratory Exercises
Edited by Caula A Beyl, Robert N Trigiano
A Complete Teaching Guide with hands-on Laboratories
Paperback 480 pp ISBN 9781420065084
Edited by two of the leading experts in the field, this hands-on resource develops a working knowledge
of the principles of plant propagation, as they apply in temperate and tropical environments. In addition to
presenting the essential fundamentals, this carefully conceived work provides proven protocols and practices
that students will be able to apply in their laboratory and field experiences.
- Logically organized for quick reference
- Packed with suggestions and step-by-step protocols
- Lays flat for easy bench use
- Provides collateral material for classroom use
All of the main concepts presented in the text are supported with carefully chosen laboratory
and greenhouse exercises that the authors have used successfully in teaching situations. These
exercises illustrate propagation concepts, while providing students with basic propagation skill sets.
Plant Propagation Concepts and Laboratory Exercises contains up-to-date information that will teach
students how to:
- Choose the best methods for plant propagation including proper media and containers
- Perform techniques such as budding, cutting, layering, and grafting, as well as cloning
- Recognize and respond to propagation challenges such as common plant diseases
While the book is designed to meet the needs of plant science classes, it contains enough practical and
up-to-date information and detailed protocols to serve the reference needs of those who continue to be
active in plant science research.
To find similar publications, click on a keyword below:
- Structures for Plant Propagation.
- Plant Propagation
Media and Containers.
- Plant Propagation Diseases and the Importance of Sanitation.
of Propagated Plants.
- General Concepts for Successful Vegetative Propagation.
- Propagation by
- Propagation by Leaf and Root Cuttings.
- Grafting and Budding.
- Bulbs and Plants with Special Structures.
- Seed Production and Propagation.
: laboratory techniques
: plant propagation
: plant science