Forest Products and Wood Science: An Introduction, 5th Edition
James L. Bowyer, Rubin Shmulsky, John G. Haygreen
The new edition of Forest Products and Wood Science: An Introduction, 5th Edition offers a fully revised
and updated review of the forest products industry. This important text covers the full spectrum of the subject,
basing itself in a thorough understanding of the anatomical and physical nature of wood and providing a special
emphasis on its use as an industrial raw material. Forest and biomass researchers are provided with comprehensive
coverage of all aspects of wood science and industry, ranging from tree growth and wood anatomy to a variety
of economically important wood products.
Hardcover 496 pp ISBN 9780813820743
To find similar publications, click on a keyword below:
- Tree Growth and Production of Woody Tissue
- Macroscopic Character of Wood.
- Composition and Structure of Wood Cells.
- Softwood Structure.
- Hardwood Structure.
- Juvenile Wood, Reaction Wood, and Wood of Branches.
- Wood and Water.
- Density and Specifi c Gravity.
- Strength and Mechanics.
- Durability and Protection.
- Silvicultural Practices and Wood Quality.
- Structural Composites.
- Nonstructural Composites.
- Pulp and Paper.
- Energy and Chemical Products.
- Global Raw Materials.
: agriculture & forestry
: plant science
: trees and timber