Edited by Edited by Mohamed Al-Rubeai and Martin Fussenegger
A comprehensive guide to the revolutionary area of systems biology and its application in cell culture
engineering, this volume presents an overall picture of the current topics central to structural and functional
genomics, proteomics, metabolomics and bioinformatics, including such hot topics as RNAi, metabolic engineering
and unfolded protein response.
Hardcover 425 pp ISBN 9781402052514
It includes reviews of the cellular resp onse of environmental modulation such as low temperature and osmolarity,
critical assessments of the applications of metablomics and fluxomics approaches, examination of the utility
of modulation of key genes and a presentation of a theory of chemical organisation which provides new view on the
The clearly written chapters by experts in the field describe methods applicable to investigating the unique facets
of cell culture. The book should be of interest to all those working in cell culture development and drug discovery in
pharmaceutical and biotechnology companies as well as in academic institutions.
It provides an invaluable resource for students and researchers in biotechnology, cell culture, genomics and
Written for university and Research Institutes libraries, Senior and postgraduate researchers, researchers in
Systems Biology, Genomics, Proteomics, Bioinformatics, Animal Cell Culture, Metabolomics and Metabolic
Engineering, Biopharmaceutical Industry
To find similar publications, click on a keyword below:
- Structural Genomics: a Special Emphasis on Membrane Proteins.
- RNA Interference in Haematopoietic and Leukaemic Cells.
- Genomics and Proteomics of Chinese Hamster Ovary (CHO) Cells: Understanding
- CHO Cell Culture at the Molecular Level.
- The Unfolded Protein Response
- Engineering of Cell Proliferation via MYC Modulation
- The Molecular Response(s) During Cellular Adaption To and Recovery From, Sub-Physiological Temperatures
- Molecular Respinse to Osmotic Shock.
- Metabolomics: an Emerging Tool For Understanding Metabolic Systems.
- Metabolic Flux Analysis of Mammalian Cells.
- Metabolic Engineering
- Chemical Organisation Theory
- Systems Biology of Prokaryotic Organisms.
: biology, general
: cell biology
: protein engineering
: systems biology