Temperate Fruit Crop Breeding - Germplasm to Genomics
Edited by F J Hancock
This book fully integrates the conventional and biotechnological approaches to fruit crop breeding.
Individual chapters are written on a wide variety of species including apple, apricot, blackberry,
blueberry, cranberry, cherry, currant, gooseberry, grape, kiwifruit, peach, pear, plum, raspberry
and strawberry. For each crop, there is a discussion of their taxonomy and evolution, history of improvement,
crossing techniques, evaluation methods, heritability of major traits and germplasm resources, along with the
most recent advances in genetic mapping and QTL (quantitative trait loci) analysis, marker assisted breeding,
gene cloning, gene expression analysis, regeneration and transformation. Patenting and licensing issues are also
Hardcover 460 pp ISBN 9781402069062
This book will be useful in fruit breeding classes and should provide as a springboard for all fruit breeders
desiring an update on the latest technologies, horticulturalists who wonder what is being done in fruit breeding and
genomicists searching for a way to contribute to fruit breeding efforts.
Written for fruit breeders across the world, and students of fruit breeding, scientists working on fruit genomics
To find similar publications, click on a keyword below:
Apples; J.F. Hancock, J.J. Luby, S.K. Brown and G.A. Lobos.
- Apricots; C.A. Ledbetter.
- Blackberries; C.E. Finn.
- Blueberries and cranberries; J.F. Hancock, P. Lyrene, C.E. Finn, N. Vorsa and G.A. Lobos
- Cherries; A.E. Iezzoni.
- Currants and Gooseberries; R.M. Brennan.
- Grapes; C.L. Owen.
- Kiwifruit; A.R. Ferguson and A.G. Seal.
- Peaches; J.F. Hancock, R. Scorza and G.A. Lobos.
- Pears; J.F. Hancock and G.A. Lobos.
- Plums; W.R. Okie and J.F. Hancock.
- Raspberry; C.E. Finn and J.F. Hancock.
- Strawberry; J.F. Hancock, T.M. Sjulin and G.A. Lobos.
- Intellectual property rights for fruit crops; J.R. Clark and R.J. Jondle.
: plant genetics
: plant science