Applications of Plant Metabolic Engineering
Edited by Verpoorte, R.; Alfermann, A.W.; Johnson, T.S.
Written by leading international experts in the field of plant metabolic engineering, this book discusses,
mainly, applications of plant metabolic engineering. Metabolic engineering, which is part of second
generation biotechnology, has made several contributions at basic level as well as at conceptualising
products ever since its emergence in the early 1980s. Applications resulting from metabolic engineering
are expected to play a very important role in future for plant breeding, e.g. for improved resistance or
improved traits concerning health promoting constituents, and production of fine chemicals such as medicines,
flavors and fragrances.
Hardcover 332 pp ISBN 9781402060304
Written for teachers from college and universities; graduate, postgraduate students and researchers;
professors at university level as handy reference book; plant breeding companies.
To find similar publications, click on a keyword below:
- Biosynthesis of plant natural products and characterization of plant biosynthetic pathways
in recombinant microorganisms; Erin K. Marasco and Claudia Schmidt-Dannert.
- Plant Molecular Farming: Host Systems, Technology and Products; G.B. Sunil Kumar, T.R.
Ganapathi, L. Srinivas and V.A. Bapat
- Plastid Pathways, metabolic engineering via the chloroplast genome; Tracey Ruhlman and Henry Daniell.
- Metabolic engineering of the alkaloid biosynthesis in plants: functional genomics approaches;
Kirsi-Marja Oksman-Caldentey, Suvi T. Häkkinen & Heiko Rischer.
- Polyamine Biosynthetic Pathway: A Potential Target for Enhancing Alkaloids Production; Esha
Bhattacharya and M.V. Rajam
- Metabolic Engineering in Alkaloid Biosynthesis: Case Studies in Tyrosine- and Putrescine-Derived
Alkaloids; Fumihiko Sato, Koji Inai and Takashi Hashimoto
- Application of Metabolic Engineering to Vanillin Biosynthetic Pathways in Vanilla planifolia;
Daphna Havkin-Frenkel and Faith C. Belanger.
- Pathway Engineering of the Plant Vitamin C Metabolic Network; Argelia Lorence and Craig L. Nessler.
- Metabolic Engineering of Terpenoid Biosynthesis in Plants; Joost Lücker, Harro J. Bouwmeester and
- Metabolic Engineering Of Seed Oil Biosynthetic Pathways for Human Health; Howard G.
Damude and Anthony J. Kinney.
- Metabolic Engineering in Sugarcane: assisting the transition to a bio-based economy; Robert G. Birch
- Single-chain Fv antibody stimulates biosynthesis of secondary metabolites in plants; Waraporn Putalun,
Hiroyuki Tanaka and Yukihiro Shoyama.
- Metabolic engineering of sulfur assimilation in plants: Molecular and biochemical analysis of serine
acetyltransferase and cysteine synthase; Masaaki Noji and Kazuki Sait
: genetically modified organisms
: metabolic reactions
: plant physiology