Plant-Parasitic Nematodes of Coffee
Edited by Ricardo M. Souza
This book provides an in-depth review of coffee-parasitic nematodes, which in some regions of the world have
decimated plantations since late nineteenth century. Throughout its 17 chapters, written by specialists from
many research institutions worldwide, this book reviews key aspects of this subject, such as taxonomy
of coffee-parasitic Meloidogyne and Pratylenchus species, nematode management, interference of nematodes
on coffee physiology, breeding for nematode-resistance and prospects of development of nematode-resistant transgenic
coffees. Some chapters present in detail the nematode problems faced by coffee growers in all major
producing countries or regions - such as Brazil, Colombia, Vietnam and Central America - and discuss
the achievements of those countries€ nematologists towards minimizing yield losses.
Hardcover 340 pp ISBN 9781402087196
Written for nematologists, plant-pathologists, agronomists, extensionists
Part I: The crop.
- Coffee: the plant and its cultivation.
2. The coffee industry: history and future perspectives.
Part II: the root-lesion nematode, pratylenchus spp.
- Taxonomy, morphology and phylogenetics of coffee-associated root-lesion nematodes, pratylenchus spp.
- Coffee-assiciated pratylenchus spp. - ecology and interactions with plants.
- Economic importnace, epidemiology and management of pratylenchus sp. In coffee plantations.
Part III: the root-knot nematode, meloidogyne spp.
- Taxonomy of coffee-parasitic root-knot nematodes, meloidogyne spp.
- Coffee-associated meloidogyne spp. - ecology and interaction with plants.
- Management of meloidogyne sp. In coffee plantations.
- Genetics of resistance to root-knot nematodes (meloidogyne spp.) And breeding.
- Genomic tools for the development of engineered meloidogyne-resistant coffee cultivars.
Part IV: other coffee-associated nematodes.
- Other coffee-associated nematodes.
Part V: world reports.
To find similar publications, click on a keyword below:
- Central america.
- Indonesia and vietnam.
- The ivory coast and uganda
: animal science
: pest control
: plant pathology
: plant science