Advances in Haploid Production in Higher Plants
Edited by Touraev, Alisher; Forster, Brian P.; Jain, S. Mohan
The discovery of haploid Datura plants in 1964 initiated great excitement in plant
breeding and genetics communities. Recent years have witnessed a resurgence of activities
especially in developing protocols, identifying genes and mechanisms and large scale commercial take up.
Hardcover 348 pp ISBN 9781402088537
The identification of controlling genes has driven functional genomic studies which now
dovetail with studies in gene expression, metabolism and changes in cell ultra-structure.
World wide take up by plant breeders has been no less impressive, and valuable haploid technologies
are increasingly patent protected. The intense activity in haploid research has also resulted in unexpected
findings with novel applications.
The core of this book is based on the international symposium on "Haploidy in Higher Plants III",
(Vienna 2006), which attracted top international experts in the field. Other invited contributions have
been included to provide a rounded view of activities. The book covers topics in: Historical Overviews;
Basic Biology; Genetics; Biotechnology; Breeding and Novel Applications. It therefore will appeal to
undergraduate students,researchers and small and large scale commercial biotechnology companies.
Written for undergraduate students, researchers, plant breeders and other biotechnology companies
To find similar publications, click on a keyword below:
Progress in doubled haploid technology in higher plants.
- Doubled haploids via gynogenesis.
- Overview of barley doubled haploid production.
- Production of doubled haploids in brassica.
- An overview on tobacco doubled haploids.
- An overview of triticale doubled haploids.
- Patents and haploid plants.
- Gene expression profiling of microspore embryogenesis in Brassica napus.
- Expression profiles in barley microspore embryogenesis.
- Proteomics in rapeseed microspore embryogenesis.
- Programmed cell death and microspore embryogenesis.
- Albinism in microspore culture.
- Doubled haploids in breeding winter oilseed rape.
- Anther culture derived doubled haploids in oat.
- Barley and wheat doubled haploids in breeding.
- Rice doubled haploids and breeding.
- Potato haploids and breeding.
- Current status of doubled haploids in medicinal plants.
- Microspore embryogenesis in selected medicinal and ornamental species of the Asteraceae.
- Carrot doubled haploids.
- Haploids and doubled haploids in fruit trees.
- Haploidy in Tef:Gynogenesis Androgenesis.
- A novel and reversible male sterility system using targeted inactivation of glutamine
synthetase and doubled haploidy.
- Embryogenic pollen culture: a promising target for genetic transformation.
- Immature pollen as a target for gene targeting.
- Induction of semi-dwarf, salt tolerant rice mutants from a tall salt tolerance indica landrace.
- Chromosome doubling in monocots.
- Tracking gene and protein expression during microspore embryogenesis by Confocal
laser scanning microscopy
: molecular biology
: plant breeding
: plant science