Innovations in Chemical Biology
Edited by B Sener
The growing role of chemistry, combined with the contribution of chemical and pharmaceutical industries to the
science of mankind, are continuously advancing. The system for training researchers in the various areas of
chemistry has maintained a largely traditional and single disciplinary focus, although many investigators have
broadened their selection of research techniques to encompass organized and integrated programs. As
a multidisciplinary, Chemical Biology is one of the fastest expanding areas of science during this century.
The interdisciplinary study of molecules in living systems at a health science campus aids the integration
of the traditional disciplines of chemistry and biology. This is achieved through understanding the molecular
mechanisms of biological processes, which provides the opportunity to manipulate them in a defined
and predictable way. Looking forward to the next century, we will witness many more remarkable
achievements within Chemistry with its application to different fields, resulting in countless benefits
to human health and standards of living.
Hardcover 428 pp ISBN 9781402069543
This book will be an excellent addition to the fields of Chemistry and Biology, in terms
of both academic depth and scientific range. The focus of this book is on the chemical and
molecular aspects of Chemical Biology. The interpretation of Chemistry in Biology is to some
extent broader than what is commonly referred to as Chemical Biology, as it also includes topics
associated with molecular biology, biochemistry, ecology, semiochemicals, and environmental and
material sciences. Chemical biologists may be especially interested in chapters concerning analytical
chemistry, biochemical technology, bioinformatics, catalysis and nanotechnology, carbohydrate
chemistry, bioorganic and bioinorganic chemistry.
The Eurasia Conference is a key component in realising
the development and advancement of chemical sciences in Asia, in cooperation with European countries,
as originally initiated by Prof. Dr. Hitoshi Ohtaki. In belonging to the 9th Eurasia Conference, this book
encapsulates the progress being made in the field of Chemical Biology, and is therefore a fitting tribute
to Prof. H. Ohtaki's memory.
Of interest to libraries, chemists, biologists, biochemists, ecologists, molecular biologists
Memorial Tribute to Professor Dr. Hitoshi Ohtak
- Development of Chemistry in Asia with the Cooperation of European Countries, Hitoshi Ohtaki;
- Functional Peptidomics: Recent Developments and State of Art, Vadim T. et al
- Structural Bioinformatics in the Discovery of Novel Drugs, Mahmud Tareq et al.
- Chemical and Biological Studies with an Aconitum and a Delphinium Species, Ayhan Ulubelen et al.
- Novel Bioactive Natural Products from Marine and Terrestrial Sources, Athar Ata
- Bioactive Turkish Plant Extracts and Their Constituents, Gülaçty Topçu et al.
- Chamomile Biodiversity of the Essential Oil Qualitative-Quantitative Characteristics, Ivan Salamon
- Recent Progress on Bioactivity Studies on Turkish Lycopodium clavatum L, Ilkay Orhan et al
- Separation and Characterization of the Vanillin Compound from Soda Lignin, Mohamad Nasir et al.
- Recent Development of Ring Closing Metathesis Approach to Bioactive Heterocycles: Synthesis
of Nakadomarin, A, Quinolines et al
- Effect of Molecular Structure on Polymorphic Nucleation of BPT Derivatives, Mitsutaka Kitamura et al
- The Golden Ratio in the Creations of Nature Arises in the Architecture of Atoms and Ions, Raji Heyrovská
- Interaction of Thioamides, Selenoamides and Amides with Di-iodine: A Study of the Mechanism of Action
of Anti-thyroid Drugs, Sotiris K. Hadjikakou et al
- Catalytic Properties of Polyamido Dendrimers, Metin Tülü
- Swell Ratio Parameter for Prediction of Chemically Crosslinked Low Density Polyethylene
Foam Expansion Characteristics, Coswald Stephan Sipaut et al.
- Ruthenium Tris-bypyridine/Zeolite-Y/Titanium Dioxide Nano-Assembly:
Ship-in-a-Bottle Synthesis and Application in Heterogeneous Photodegradation of 2,4-xylidine,
Leon M. Jr. Payawan et al.
- Infrared Spectroelectrochemical Analysis of the Binuclear Rhenium Complex of the Form,
[Re(CO) 3 Cl] 2 (tpbq), Arnie R. de Leon et al
- Microbial Synthesis of Poly (3-Hydroxybutyrateco-4-Hydroxybutyrate) by Cupriavidus
sp. USMAA1020 Isolated from Malaysian Environment, Amirul A. Abdullah et al
- Rust Phase Transformation in the Presence of Mangrove Tannins, Afidah A. Rahim et al
- Treatment of Oil-Water Mixture Using Illite Clay Mineral, Fatma Turak et al.
- Removal of Catechol and Resorcinol from Aqueous Solutions by Adsorption onto High
Area Activated Carbon Cloth, Numan Hoda et al.
- Removal of Metobromuron Pesticide from Aqueous Solutions by Adsorption at High Area
Activated Carbon Cloth, Numan Hoda et al
- Effects of Thermal Treatment and Storage on Hydroxymethylfurfural (HMF) Content
and Diastase Activity of Honeys Collected from Middle Anatolia in Turkey, Kadir Turhan
- The Degradation Kinetics of Phenol Solutions with Ozone, Kadir Turhan et al
- Determination of Some Trace Metals in Edible Mushrooms Samples Using Atomic Absorption
Spectrometry, Kadir Turhan et al.
- Sorption of Zn(II) and Pb(II) Ions by a New Resin Synthesized from Sumac Tannin and Gelatin,
Kadir Turhan Fatma Turak et al.;
- In Quest of Friendly Free Radicals: Reactions of Iodine Atom Free Radicals with Some
Biologically Important Compounds; M. Mohammad et al.
- Adsorption of Cu(II) from Aqueous Solutions by Sumac ( Rhus coriaria L.) Tannins;
Ahmet Lütfi Udur, Mahmure Üstün Özgür et al
- Sorption of Pb(II) and Zn(II) Ions from Aqueous Solution by Tannin Resins; Fatma Turak et al.
- Determination of Ibuprofen, Pseudoephedrine HCl, Chlorpheniramine Maleate and Nipagen
by Liquid Chromatography and Fractional Factorial Design; Bürge Apçy et al
- Comparison of Derivative Spectrophotometry and Partial Least Squares (PLS-1)
Calibration for the Determination of Caffeine in Energy Drinks; Özlem Aksu Dönmez et al
- . Simultaneous Spectrophotometric Determination of Food Additives (Benzoic Acid, Caffeine,
Aspartame and Acesulfame-K) in Cola Drinks by PLS Multivariate Calibration Method; Fatma Turak et al.
- PLS-UV Spectrophotometric Method for the Simultaneous Determination of Ternary Mixture
of Sweeteners (Aspartame, Acesulfame-K and Saccharin) in Commercial Products; Fatma Turak et al.;
- Factorial Design in the Optimization of Preconcentration Procedure for Aluminum Determination by
AAS; Pule Dinç et al.;
- Oxidation of L-ascorbic Acid in Copper(II) Ion Catalyzed Polyvinylpyrrolidone Solutions;
Serkan Angy et al.;
- A Potentiometric Investigation of Primary Amines in Non-aqueous Media; Feray Aydogan et al.;
- Domino-Heck Type Reactions of N-Benzoyl-2-Azabicyclo[2.2.1]Hept-5-ene-3-one Cigdem Yolacan et al.; 38. Synthesis of Different Epibatidine Analogues with Domino- and Reductive Heck Reactions et al.;
- Synthesis of 2,4-Disubstituted-3,4-Dihydro-2HNaphth[ 2,1-e][1,3]Oxazines; Zuhal Turgut et al.;
- Chemical Constituents of Salvia frigida Boiss; Mehmet Dipbudak and Ümit Salan;
- Protease Inhibition and Antioxidant Actions of Some Aqueous Allium Extracts; Eugenia Teodor et al.;
- Synthesis and Characterization of Novel Zn(II) Dimeric Phthalocyanines; Paziye Abdurrahmanodlu, Mustafa
Bulut et al.;
- Synthesis and Characterization of N-[1,10-Phenanthroline]-N-[(Benzo-15-Crown-5)yl] Thiourea
and Its Complex with Copper(I); Fikriye Tuncel Elmaly et al.
- Synthesis and Characterization of New Type Soluble Porphyrazine Containing
1-Bromo-3-Methylbutan Group and Investigation of Its Complexes Ali Erdodmup et al
- Synthesis and Characterization of New Type Soluble Porphyrazine Containing 3-Phenylpropyl
Bromide Group and Investigation of Its Complexes; Ali Erdodmup et al.
- Synthesis and Characterization of Novel Peripherally 3-Bromo-1-Phenyl-1-Propene
Derivative of Porphyrazine; Bahadyr Keskin et al.
- Lacunarity Analysis of TEM Images of Heat-Treated Hybrid Organosilica Materials;
Raymond V. Rivera-Virtudazo et al
- The Mechanical Properties of Water-Based Emulsion Polymers: Effect of Reaction Conditions;
Ayfer Saraç et al.
- Investigation of Spectrophotometrical and Fluorescent Behavior of
1,3-Diethyl-5-(Quinoline-2-Ylmethylene)-2-Thioxodihydropyrimidine-4,6(1 H ,5 H )-Dione in Various
Solvents; Mevlüde Canlyca et al.
To find similar publications, click on a keyword below:
: biology, general