Rheology of Fluid and Semisolid Foods: Principles and Applications - 2nd edition
M Rao, R Anandha
The second edition of Rheology of Fluid and Semisolid Foods: Principles and Application,
examines the concepts needed to characterize rheological behavior of fluid and semisolid foods
and to use various ingredients to develop desirable flow properties in fluid foods, and structure in gelled
systems. It covers important applications of rheology to sensory assessment and swallowing, and handling
and processing foods. All of the chapters have been updated to help readers better understand the importance
rheological properties play in food science and utilize these properties to characterize food
Hardcover 482 pp ISBN 9780387709291
Written for Academic industries
To find similar publications, click on a keyword below:
- Preface to the Second Edition.
- Preface to the First Edition.
- Introduction: Food Rheology and Structure.
and Functional Models for Rheological Properties of Fluid Foods.
- Measurement of Flow and Viscoelastic
- Rheology of Food Gum and Starch Dispersions
- Rheological Behavior of Processed
Fluid and Semisolid Foods.
- Rheological Behavior of Food Gels.
- Role of Rheological Behavior in
Sensory Assessment of Foods and Swallowing.
- Application of Rheology to Fluid Food Handling and
- Appendix A: Nomenclature.
- Subject Index.
: food science