Sustainable Development and Environmental Management - Experiences and Case Studies
Edited by Clini, Corrado; Gorb, S.; Gullino, Maria Lodovica
This book presents the new EU approach to environmental management and its attempt to place it in the perspective
of sustainable development. China and other large and fast growing economies are putting increasing pressures
on global environment, but they are also looking at the European experience with great interest. To present
critically this experience can help those countries avoid the mistakes made by developed countries in dealing with
the relation between economic growth and environmental protection, and to improve the institutions and tools for
better environmental governance.
Hardcover 430 pp ISBN 9781402082283
The variety of issues covered and the wide approach used in this book make it a useful tool for readers who want
to place themselves in this perspective, although starting from different backgrounds and levels of knowledge
on environmental and sustainability sciences.
Written for: Governmental officials, researchers, experts working at different levels in the field
of environment protection.
Introduction: The European Way to Sustainable Development: C. Clini.
- Part I. Sustainable Development Policies.
1. Integrated Environmental Policy in the European
Union: I. Musu. 2. The Role of Legal Principles for Environmental Management: M. Montini. 3.
Valuation of Sustainable Development Policies: Social Multi-criteria Evaluation: G. Munda.
- Part II. Water Management.
II.1. Water Resource Management and Policy. 4. The Groundwater Challenge: G.M. Zuppi. 5.
Water Services and Water Policy in Italy: G. Muraro.
II.2. Water Quality Control. 6. Water Quality Control: A. Barbanti. 7.
New Approaches to Advanced Wastewater Treatment Plants in Italy: F.
Cecchi et al. 8. Integrated Policy Approach to Water Supply Management in Venice:
P. Gardin, A. Marchini.
- Part III. Air Quality Control.
9. Monitoring Air Quality in Urban Areas: I. Allegrini, F. Costabile. 10. Sustainable Mobility: Mitigation
of Traffic Originated Pollution: M. Mazzon.
- Part IV. Waste Management.
11. Integrated Waste Management. Technologies and Environmental Control: L. Morselli et al.
12. Economic Analysis of Waste Management Systems in Europe: A. Massarutto. 13. Hospital
Waste Management: I. Pavan et al.
- Part V. Energy Efficiency and Renewables.
V.1. Renewable Resources. 14. Solar Energy: R. Barile. 15. Geothermal Energy: R. Bertani. 16.
Renewable Energy from Biomass: Solid Biofuels and Bioenergy Technologies: M. Chiaḍ Rana,
R. Roberto. 17. Wind Energy: L. Pirazzi. 18. Power Electronics in Distributed Power: F. Profumo,
V.2. Eco-Building. 19. Energy Optimization of a Building-plant System: L. Schibuola. 20.
The Sino-Italian Environment & Energy Building (SIEEB): A Model for a New Generation
of Sustainable Buildings: F. Butera.
V.3. Energy Policy. 21. New Policy Schemes to Promote End-use Energy Efficiency in the
European Union: Theory and Practice: M. Pavan. 22. Subsidies and Market Mechanisms in Energy Policy:
G. Pireddu. 23. CDM Policy to Foster Sustainable Development?: B. Buchner.
- Part VI. Sustainable Industrial Development.
24. Industrial Ecology in a Developing Context: M.
Chertow. 25. Strategic Environmental Assessment: Integration and Synergy with the EMAS Management Systems
on the Territory: G. Chiellino.
- Part VII. Sustainable Urban Development.
26. General Aspects of Sustainable Urban Development
(SUD): A. Costa. 27. A New Perspective for the Future Environmental Protection and Sustainability in Urban
Planning: M. Savino. 28. Brownfield Remediation and Reuse: an Opportunity for Urban Sustainable Development:
M. Turvani, S. Tonin.
- Part VIII. Agriculture and Resource Management.
29. Ecological Agriculture: Human and Social Context: F. Caporali. 30. Sustainable Agriculture in the
Frame of Sustainable Development: Cooperation between China and Italy: M.L. Gullino, A. Camponogara.
31. Economics and Policy of Biodiversity Loss: S. Dalmazzone. 32. Forestry and Rural Development: Global
Trends and Applications to the Sino-Italian Context: G. Scarascia Mugnozza, M.E. Malvolti.
To find similar publications, click on a keyword below:
: agriculture & forestry
: atmosphere and air pollution
: business & management
: environmental science
: renewable energy
: sustainable development
: waste treatment
: water science
: wind energy