Proteome Research - Concepts, Technology and Application - 2nd edition
Edited by Wilkins, M.R.; Appel, R.D.; Williams, K.L.; Hochstrasser, D.F.
Proteomics is a multifaceted, interdisciplinary field which studies the complexity and dynamics
of proteins in biological systems. It combines powerful separation and analytical technology
with advanced informatics to understand the function of proteins in the cell and in the body.
This book provides a clear conceptual description of each facet of proteomics, describes recent advances
in technology and thinking in each area, and provides details of how these have been applied to a variety
of biological problems. It is written by expert practitioners in the field, from industry, research institutions,
and the clinic. It provides junior and experienced researchers with an invaluable proteomic reference,
and gives fascinating glimpses of the future of this dynamic field.
Softcover 240 pp ISBN 9783540712411
Hardcover 240 pp ISBN 9783540712404
Written for: Libraries,institutes, scientists
To find similar publications, click on a keyword below:
- 1 Ten Years of the Proteome, Marc R. Wilkins And Ron D. Appel
- 2 Sample Preparation and Prefractionation Techniques for Electrophoresis-Based Proteomics, Ben R.
Herbert, Pier Giorgio Righetti, Attilio Citterio, And Egisto Boschetti
- 3 Protein Identification in Proteomics, Patricia Hernandez, Pierre-Alain Binz, And Marc R. Wilkins
- 4 Quantitation in Proteomics, Garry L. Corthals and Keith Rose
- 5 One Gene, Many Proteins, Nicolle H. Packer, Andrew A. Gooley, And Marc R. Wilkins
- 6 Proteome Imaging, Patricia M. Palagi, Daniel Walther, Catherine G. Zimmermann-Ivol, And
Ron D. Appel
- 7 Data Integration in Proteomics, Frederique Lisacek, Christine Hoogland, Lydie Bougueleret,
and Amos Bairoch
- 8 Protein-Protein Interactions, Anne-Claude Gavin
- 9 Biomedical Applications of Proteomics, Jean-Charles Sanchez, Yohann Cout, Laure
Allard, Pierre Lescuyer, And Denis F. Hochstrasser
- 10 Proteomics: Where to Next?, Keith L. Williams And Denis F. Hochstrasser
: analytical methods
: cell biology
: electrochemical methods