Integrated Management and Biocontrol of Vegetable and Grain Crops Nematodes
Edited by A Ciancio and K Mukerji
Volume 2 in the series Integrated Management of Plant Pests and Diseases
Hardcover 356 pp ISBN 9781402060625
The second volume of the IMPD series describes aspects related to most important
phytoparasitic nematodes, considering the integration of biological control methods with
other management practices and technologies, including the use of predatory nematodes and microbial
rhizosphere antagonists. Chapters cover topics like the mode of action and interactions of nematophagous fungi,
the efficacy of controll and management of plant parasitic nematode communities through a soil conservation
approach, and exploitation of nematodes-bacteria antagonistic relationships. A focus is given on regional issues,
like the management of nematodes parasitizing staple crops, i.e. andean tubers or some important grain crops,
like soybean in North and South America or cereals.
A review on nematode management in cotton is integrated by a chapter on management of nematodes on wheat.
New technologies are also revised, including the potentials of control methods based on RNA interference and
issues related to the use of biofumigation to control nematodes in different regional or crop contexts.
Written for: Students and extension workers, course work and dissertations in biology, botany, agriculture,
horticulture, plant nematology, plant pathology and biotechnology
To find similar publications, click on a keyword below:
- General review on integrated management of nematodes of cotton,
including genetics and resistance.
- IPM of soybean nematodes in the USA.
- Biological and
integrated control of root-knot nematodes by parasitic fungi.
- Management of root and tuber crops
nematodes in Andean cropping systems.
- Integrated management of root-knot nematodes in
Mediterranean horticultural systems.
- Integrated management of soybean nematodes in Latin America.
- Management of cyst nematodes with natural products.
- Biofumigation of plant parasitic nematodes.
- Plant parasitic nematode diversity and ecological management of nematode communities in Africa.
Pasteuria based management of RK nematodes.
- Alternatives to soil fumigants and nematodes management
- Ecology and biological control potentials of predatory nematodes in pest management.
and management of Anguina spp. nematodes and associated toxigenic bacteria.
A synopsis of nematofagous fungi?
- IM of potato RK nematodes.
- Integrated control and
management of nematodes attacking cereals and small grain crops.
- Pratylenchus spp., soil ecology
and management strategies, including the role of soil biota.
- Perspectives and potentials of RNA
interference in the management of phytoparasitic nematodes.
- Nematodes of ornamental crops
and their integrated management.
- Integrated management of tree crops nematodes with natural products.
: biological control
: biology, general
: integrated crop protection
: plant pathology
: plant science