Integrated Management of Diseases Caused by Fungi, Phytoplasma and Bacteria
Edited by Ciancio, Aurelio; Mukerji, K.G.
This book covers, in three Sections, emerging issues in the integrated management of main diseases
of perennial and annual crops. The chapters provide basic data about the diseases concerned,
in order to facilitate their detection and recognition either by field and laboratory inspection,
discussing the main management possibilities experienced by farmers, plant pathologists and consultants,
in different areas of the world.
Hardcover 450 pp ISBN 9781402085703
The first Section covers key diseases of stone fruit and apple trees, as well as the phytoplasma diseases
of grapevine and fruit crops, the citrus diseases caused by Phytophthora spp.,
and the management of chestnut diseases, esca complex on grapevine and Rosellinia necatrix root rot.
In the second Section, on annual crops, a first chapter describes the use of simulation models for potato
late blight management, followed by a review about the potentials of the decision support systems approach,
with an example of integrated forecasting system for Phytophthora infestans on potato. Following chapters
review the management of bacterial fruit-blotch on cucurbits, Verticillium wilt on tomato,
Sclerotinia rot on carrot, and cotton and rice diseases. A further review describes biological
and integrated means to control rust diseases.
In the third section, two innovating approaches to disease management are reviewed: DNA fingerprinting
methods, for microbial pathogens diagnostics with potentials in taxonomy and plant protection,
and the management of pests and diseases through the exploitation of endophytes and their metabolites,
a new research field with interesting perspectives and benefits in IPM/IDM.
Written for: Practitioners/professionals, scientists/researchers, lectors, graduates, undergraduates
To find similar publications, click on a keyword below:
Section I. Diseases of perennial crops.
1 Integrated management of stone fruit diseases.
2. Towards a sustainable, integrated management of apple diseases.
3. Management and ecology of phytoplasma diseases of grapevine and fruit crops.
4. Management of citrus diseases caused by Phytophthora spp.
5. Biological control and management of chestnut diseases.
6. The esca disease complex.
7. Integrated management of Rosellinia necatrix root rot on fruit tree crops.
Section II - Diseases of annual crops.
8. Simulation models for potato late blight management and ecology.
9. An example of integrated forecasting system for Phytophthora infestans on potato.
10. Integrated pest management of bacterial fruit blotch of cucurbits
11. Integrated management of tomato bacterial spot.
12. Integrated management of Verticillium wilt of tomato.
13. New progress in the integrated management of Sclerotinia rot of carrot.
14. Integrated management of key diseases of cotton and rice.
15. Biological and integrated means to control rust diseases.
Section III - Advances in management tools.
16. DNA fingerprinting methods for microbial pathogens: application to diagnostics, taxonomy and plant
17. Endophytic fungi for pest and disease management.
: biological control
: integrated crop protection
: plant pathology
: plant science