Insecticides with Novel Modes of Action - Mechanism and Application
Edited by I Ishaaya and D Degheele
This book contains a wealth of information covering pesticide chemistry,
biochemical modes of action, biological activity and the theory of pesticide
application in management programs. Emphasis is placed on novel biological
insecticides that block certain stages in the development of pest insects.
Special attention is given to insecticides with selective properties and their
role in integrated pest management programs. Insecticide resistance management
strategies are also discussed. The data and concepts presented are relevant to
those interested in establishing new technologies and developing novel groups
of compounds that will determine future agricultural practices. The contents
Hardcover 289 pages ISBN 9783540630586
- Insecticides with novel modes of action: an overview.
- Ecdysone Agonists.
- New retrospectives on the mode of action of benzoylphenyl urea
- Bacillus thuringiensis: use and resistance management.
- Pyrrole insecticides.
- Efficacy of phyto-oils as contact insecticides and fumigants for the
control of stored-product insects.
- Novel type insecticides: specificity and effects on non-target
- Management of resistance to novel insecticides
To find similar publications, click on a keyword below:
: agriculture & forestry
: crop protection
: integrated crop protection
: pest control