Edited by Pflieger, Delphine; Rossier, Jean
Proteomic analyses have proven to be an invaluable tool in obtaining high-throughput protein identification
from low-abundance, complex biological samples. In Organelle Proteomics, detailed protocols provide
step-by-step instructions to successfully study organelle proteomes by performing the purification of the
various organelles present in eukaryotic cells, as well as by preparing certain sub-fractions of organelles.
Softcover 422 pp ISBN 9781617377723
A series of chapters cover the whole analytical procedure of organelle characterization, from
its purification starting with whole cells up to protein identification using mass spectrometry.
Devoted to methods enabling a global estimate of the reliability of the protein list assigned to an organelle,
Organelle Proteomics allows scientists to gain a vital and important understanding of organelle study.
Of interest to molecular and cellular biologists, biochemists, and proteomics specialists
To find similar publications, click on a keyword below:
- Analysis of organelles by on-line two-dimensional liquid chromatography - tandem mass spectrometry
(2DLC-MS/MS) Edwin P. Romijn and John R. Yates III.
- Purification and proteomic analysis of chloroplasts and their sub-organellar compartments Daniel
Salvi, Norbert Rolland, Jacques Joyard and Myriam Ferro
- Proteomic analysis of the stacked Golgi complex Mark S. Lowenthal, Kathryn E. Howell,
and Christine C. Wu
- Purification of Saccharomyces cerevisiae mitochondria by zone-electrophoresis in a free flow device (ZE-FFE)
Hans Zischka, Norbert Kinkl, Ralf J. Braun and Marius Ueffing
- Preparation of Respiratory Chain Complexes from Saccharomyces cerevisiae Wild Type and Mutant Mitochondria
: Activity Measurement and Subunit Composition Analysis Claire Lemaire and Geneviève Dujardin
- Mitochondrial proteomics: Analysis of a whole mitochondrial extract with two-dimensional electrophoresis
- Purification and proteomic analysis of the mouse liver mitochondrial inner membrane Sandrine Da Cruz and
- Subcellular Fractionation and Proteomics of Nuclear Envelopes Laurence Florens, Nadia Korfali and Eric
- Purification and proteomic analysis of the nuclear insoluble protein fraction Tsuneyoshi Horigome, Kazuhiro
Furukawa and Kohei Ishii
- Preparation Methods of Human Metaphase Chromosomes for Their Proteome Analysis. Kiichi Fukui and
- Purification and proteomic analysis of plant plasma membranes Erik Alexandersson, Niklas Gustavsson,
Katja Bernfur, Adine Karlsson, Per Kjellbom and Christer Larsson
- Protocol to enrich and analyze plasma membrane proteins from frozen tissue Jacek R. Wisniewski
- Proteomic characterization of membrane protein topology Adele R. Blackler and Christine C. Wu
- Free Flow Isoelectric Focussing (FF-IEF): A method for the separation of both hydrophilic and hydrophobic
proteins of rat liver peroxisomes Markus Islinger and Gerhard Weber
- Use of gas-phase-fractionation to increase protein identifications: application to the peroxisome Jacob Kennedy
and Eugene C. Yi
- Purification and proteomic analysis of lysosomal integral membrane proteins Huiwen Zhang, Xiaolian Fan, Rick
Bagshaw, Don J. Mahuran, John W. Callahan.
- Affinity purification of soluble lysosomal proteins for mass spectrometric identification Sylvie Kieffer-Jaquinod,
Agnès Chapel, Jérôme Garin and Agnès Journet
- Purification and proteomic analysis of synaptic vesicles Holly D. Cox and Charles M. Thompson.
- Purification and proteomic analysis of pancreatic zymogen granule membranes Xuequn Chen and Philip C.
- Isolation and proteomic analysis of Chlamydomonas centrioles Lani C. Keller and Wallace F. Marshall.
- Purification and proteomic analysis of 20S proteasomes from human cells Marie-Pierre Bousquet-Dubouch,
Sandrine Uttenweiler-Joseph, Manuelle Ducoux-Petit, Mariette Matondo, Bernard Monsarrat, and Odile
- Characterization of E. coli ribosomal particles: combined analysis of whole proteins by mass spectrometry and
of proteolytic digests by liquid chromatography - tandem mass spectrometry. Isabelle Iost, Julie Charollais, Joëlle
Vinh and Delphine Pflieger
- Assessment of organelle purity using antibodies and specific assays: the example of the chloroplast envelope
Daniel Salvi, Norbert Rolland, Jacques Joyard and Myriam Ferro
- Identifying bona fide components of an organelle by isotope coded labelling of subcellular fractions: an example
in peroxisomes Marcello Marelli, Alexey I. Nesvizhskii and John D. Aitchison
- Determination of Genuine Residents of Plant Endomembrane Organelles using Isotope Tagging and Multivariate
Statistics Kathryn S. Lilley and Tom P.J. Dunkley
- Quantitative Proteomic Analysis to Profile Dynamic Changes in the Spatial Distribution of Cellular Proteins Wei
Yan, Daehee Hwang, Ruedi Aebersold
- Use of transcriptomic data to support organelle proteomic analysis Wallace F. Marshall
: analytical methods
: cell biology
: molecular biology
: plant physiology
: plant science