Environmental Geochemistry: Site Characterization, Data Analysis and Case Histories
Edited by B. De Vivo, Harvey Belkin and Annamaria Lima
This book covers aspects ranging from the role of geochemistry in the environment in general to specific
investigations on site characterisation , sampling strategy, analytical procedures and problems.
Hardcover 350 pp ISBN 9780444531599
Specific aspects deal with health problems related to environmental pollution, waste disposal, database
management, etc and provides illustrations of specific case histories of site characterisation and remediation
of brownfield sites.
Of interest to students and professionals working in the field on enviromental pollution, site characterization and
remediation (geochemists, geologists, agronomists, environmental scientists, risk assessors, and environmental
To find similar publications, click on a keyword below:
- The role of geochemistry in environment and health problems.
- Regional Programs. FOREGS. Sampling methods for different media - Stream sediments, soils, waters.
- Environmental impact of the disposal of solid by-products from waste incineration processes.
- Household hazardous waste disposal as a pathway for environmental pollution.
- Sampling methods for site characterization and waste disposal.
- Site investigations of stream and groundwaters: How to avoid getting into deep water.
- Methods of chemical analysis of organics and quality controls.
- Data base management at regional scale.
- Data analysis and treatment, at local scale, using GIS and GeoDAS.
- Evaluation of background/baseline values.
- Geochemical mapping of urban areas. Examples on the munipal soils of Napoli, Avellino, Caserta,
Benevento and Salerno towns.
- Thermodynamics of platinum, palladium, and rhodium with inorganic ligands in the environment.
- Trace metals speciation and bioavailability in soil.
- Environment pollution, epidemiology and Workers problems.
- Medical Geology: Application to arsenic and fluorine poisoning in southwest Guizhou Province, China.
- Contaminated land in Britain.
- The US brownfields program: Case studies reflect progress and challenges.
- Case history of site characterization in Italy: Bagnoli brownfield site.
: data analysis
: environmental science