Kent and Riegel's Handbook of Industrial Chemistry and Biotechnology (11th edition)
Edited by James A Kent
Building upon the previous ten reference editions, James A. Kent introduces an
unprecedented and comprehensive two-volume handbook essential for a wide spectrum
of individuals, from those who are directly involved in the chemical industry, to others involved
in related fields such as manufacturing, process supervision, and process development. It provides
not only the underlying science and technology for important industry sectors, but also broad coverage
of critical supporting topics.
Hardcover 2 vols: 1755 pp ISBN 9780387278421
Incorporating the most relevant and current technologies and information available
in the field, the handbook covers such overarching topics as green engineering, process safety,
utilization of renewable resources, fossil fuels, nuclear power, and many of the major individual components
of the chemical process industry. The Editor€s continued commitment to providing readers with only the
most pertinent and contemporary information in the well-established field of Industrial Chemistry
is particularly apparent in this eleventh edition. Every chapter in this edition has been thoroughly reviewed,
analyzed, and updated by top experts in the field to reflect the changing nature of the industry. Extensive
discussion of new material can be found on the following topics:
- Green Engineering and Chemistry
- Practical Catalysis
- Biomass Utilization
- Nanotechnology fundamentals
This handbook provides extensive information on plastics, rubber, adhesives,
textile fibers, pharmaceutical chemistry, synthetic organic chemicals, soaps and detergents,
as well as various other major classes of industrial chemistry. There is detailed coverage of coal
utilization technology, dyes and dye intermediates, chlor-alkali and heavy chemicals, paints and pigments,
chemical explosives, propellants, petroleum and petrochemicals, natural gas, industrial gases, synthetic
nitrogen products, fats and oils, sulfur and sulfuric acid, phosphorous and phosphates, wood products,
Broad in scope and unparalleled in quality, the eleventh edition of Kent and Riegel€s
Handbook of Industrial Chemistry and Biotechnology is an essential desk reference for
all professionals in the field of Industrial Chemistry. Encompassing a spectrum of frequently discussed topics,
James A. Kent has eloquently compiled the most accessible and reliable reference
available to date.
Of interest to chemical manufacturing operations personnel (president to plant manager); manufacturing,
process supervision, or process development personnel; those working in areas which touch upon
environmental, safety, and other aspects of the chemical industry; teachers of chemical engineering
design; upper division chemical engineering students; those who regulate or report on the chemical industry;
university and public libraries
To find similar publications, click on a keyword below:
- Historical Development of the Chemical Industry.
- Economic Aspects of the Chemical Industry.
- Chemical Process Safety: Safe Practices and Accident Prevention.
- Managing an Emergency Preparedness Program
- Applied Statistical Methods.
- Green Engineering: Integration of Green Chemistry, Pollution Prevention, and Risk Based Considerations
- Industrial Catalysis, a Practical Guide
- Environmental Chemical Determinations.
- Nanotechnology: Principles and Applications
- Synthetic Organic Chemicals.- Chemistry in the Pharmaceutical Industry
- Manufactured Textile Fibers.- Dye Application, Manufacture of Dye Intermediates and Dyes
- Chemistry of Structural Adhesives; Epoxy, Urethane, and Acrylic Adhesives.
- Synthetic Resins and Plastics.
- The Agrochemical Industry
- Petroleum and its Products.
- Coal Technology for Power, Liquid Fuels, and Chemicals
- Natural Gas
- The Nuclear Industry
- Synthetic Nitrogen Products
- Phosphorus and Phosphates
- Sulfur and Sulfuric Acid.
- Salt, Chlor-Alkali, and Related Heavy Chemicals
- Industrial Gases
- Wood and Wood Products.
- Pigment, Paints, Polymer Coatings, Lacquers, and Printing Inks
- Industrial Biotechnology: Discovery to Delivery
- Industrial Enzymes and Biocatalysis
- Industrial Production of Therapeutic Proteins: Cell Lines, Cell Culture and Purification.
- Biomass Utilization.
- Animal and Vegetable Fats, Oils and Waxes
- Sugar and Other Sweeteners.
- Soap, Fatty Acids and Synthetic Detergents
- Chemical Explosives and Rocket Propellants
: plastics & polymers