Edited by Varma, Ajit; Chincholkar, Sudhir
In response to low iron availability in the environment most microorganisms synthesize iron chelators,
called siderophores. Bacteria and fungi produce a broad range of structurally diverse siderophores, all
of which show a very high affinity for ferric ions.
Hardcover 248 pp ISBN 9783540711599
This book presents an up-to-date overview of the chemistry, biology and biotechnology of these iron chelators.
Following an introduction to the structure, functions and regulation of fungal siderophores, several
chapters focus on siderophores of pseudomonads. Here the technique of siderotyping, which has proved
to be a rapid, accurate and inexpensive tool for pseudomonad characterization and identification, is described.
Further, the biological significance of siderophores of symbiotic fungi and the possible role of siderophores
in pathogenesis are discussed. In addition to methodological approaches, the book includes chapters on the
biotechnological production of siderophores and their application in promoting human and plant health.
Of interest to microbiologists, biochemists, biotechnologists, plant scientists, phytopathologists
- Fungal Siderophores: Structure, Functions and Regulation
Aparajita Das, Ram Prasad, Abhishek Srivastava,
Pham Huong Giang, Kamya Bhatnagar and Ajit Varma
- Siderotyping and Bacterial Taxonomy: A Siderophore Bank
for a Rapid Identification at the Species Level of Fluorescent
and Non-Fluorescent Pseudomonas .
- Siderotyping, a Tool to Characterize, Classify and Identify
- Siderophores of Symbiotic Fungi
Kurt Haselwandter and Günther Winkelmann Protein-mediated Siderophore Uptake in Gram-negative Bacteria:
A Structural Perspective .
José D. Faraldo-Gómez
- Competition for Iron and Induced Systemic Resistance
by Siderophores of Plant Growth Promoting Rhizobacteria .
Monica Höfte and Peter A.H.M. Bakker
- Pyoverdine Synthesis and its Regulation in Fluorescent
Paolo Visca, Franceso Imperi and Iain L. Lamont
- Implication of Pyoverdines in the Interactions of Fluorescent
Pseudomonads with Soil Microflora and Plant in the Rhizosphere
Philippe Lemanceau, Agnès Robin, Sylvie Mazurier,
- Pseudomonas Siderophores and their Biological Significance .
Pierre Cornelis and Sandra Matthijs
- Microbial Siderophores in Human and Plant Health-Care
S.B. Chincholkar, B.L. Chaudhari and M.R. Rane
- Biotechnological Production of Siderophores
María Elena Díaz de Villegas
- Microbial Siderophore: A State of Art
S.B. Chincholkar, B.L. Chaudhari, and M.R. Rane
To find similar publications, click on a keyword below:
: biology, general
: plant nutrition
: plant science