Climate Prediction and Agriculture
Edited by Sivakumar, Mannava V.K.; Hansen, James
In an age of such uncertainty over climate change, there are few more important issues than that of how
we feed ourselves.
Hardcover 306 ISBN 9783540446491
We need to know more about the potential impact of climate uncertainty on our food supplies and this
book is an important addition to the literature in this field.
Improved adaptation of food production, particularly in areas where climate variability is large,
holds the key to improving food security for human populations.
Increasing climate knowledge and improved prediction capabilities facilitate the development of relevant
climate information and prediction products for applications in agriculture. This in turn reduces the negative
impacts due to climate variations and enhances planning activities based on the developing capacity of
This book, based on an International Workshop held in Geneva in 2005, reviews the advances made
so far in seasonal climate predictions and their applications for management and decision-making in agriculture.
It also identifies the challenges to be addressed in the next 5 to 10 years to further enhance
operational applications of climate predictions in agriculture, especially in developing countries.
Of interest to researchers, scientists, libraries in the fields of meteorology/climatology, climate change
To find similar publications, click on a keyword below:
- Climate Prediction and Agriculture.
- Climate Downscaling.
- Development of a Combined Crop and Climate Forecasting System for Seasonal to Decadal Prediction.
- Delivering Climate Forecast Products to Farmers.
- Seasonal Predictions and Monitoring for Sahel Region.
- Institutionalizing Climate Forecast Applications for Agriculture
- Climate Applications and Agriculture.
- Climate Forecast Applications for Better Water Management in Agriculture.
- Linking Corn Production, Climate Information and Farm-Level-Decision-Making.
- Climate Prediction and Agriculture: Lessons Learned and Future Challenges from an Agricultural
- Conclusions and Recommendations.
: agriculture & forestry