Future Directions In Biocatalysis
Edited by Tomoko Matsuda
In Future Directions in Biocatalysis the important topics within biocatalysis and enzymatic catalysis for organic
synthesis are described for both experts and non-experts. This books focuses particularly on reactions under
development at present and on future advances in the field. Consisting of four sections, this book examines
enzymatic reactions under unusual conditions, unique biocatalytic reactions, synthesis of valuable compounds
using biocatalysis and the latest molecular biology methods for biocatalysis. Each chapter deals with a specific
theme and includes a summary of each area as well as the present state and future direction of research.
Hardcover 365 ISBN 9780444530592
Of interest to professors, post-doc and graduate students, researchers and consultants in industry.
Novel Reaction Conditions for Biotransformation
- Biotransformation in ionic liquid (Toshiyuki Itoh).
- Temperature Control of the Enantioselectivity in the Lipase-catalyzed Resolutions (Takashi Sakai).
- Future Directions in Photosynthetic Organisms-catalyzed Reactions (Kaoru Nakamura).
- Catalysis by Enzyme-Metal Combinations (Mahn-Joo Kim et al.).
Uncommon Kind of Biocatalytic Reaction
- Biological Kolbe-Schmitt Carboxylation of Possible use of enzymes for the direct carboxylation of organic substrates (Toyokazu Yoshida, Toru Nagasawa).
- Discovery, redesign and applications of Baeyer-Villiger monooxygenases (D.E. Torres Pazmi˝o, M.W. Fraaije).
- Enzymes in aldoxime-nitrile pathway: versatile tools in biocatalysis (Yasuhisa Asano).
- Addition of Hydrocyanic Acid to Carbonyl Compounds (Franz Effenberger et al.).
Novel Compound Synthesized by Biotransformation
- Chiral Heteroatom-Containing Compounds (P. Kiebasinski, M. Mikoajczyk).
- Enzymatic Polymerization (Hiroshi Uyama).
- Synthesis of Naturally Occurring ▀-D-Glucopyranosides Based on Enzymatic ▀-Glucosidation using ▀-Glucosidase from Almond (Hiroyuki Akita).
Use of Molecular Biology Technique to Find Novel Biocatalyst
To find similar publications, click on a keyword below:
- Future Directions in Alcohol Dehydrogenase-Catalyzed Reactions (J.D. Stewart).
- Enzymatic Decarboxylation of Synthetic Compounds (K. Miyamoto, Hiromichi Ohta).
: biology, general