Forest Landscape Ecology - Transferring Knowledge to Practice
Edited by Ajith H Perera, Lisa J Buse and Thomas R Crow
The discipline of landscape ecology has matured rapidly over the past few decades,
generating a wealth of knowledge that can be used to enhance forest policy development
and management. However, much of this knowledge has yet to be applied in practice.
Hardcover 236pp ISBN 9780387342429
Softcover 236pp ISBN 9780387342436
Forest Landscape Ecology: Transferring Knowledge to Practice is the first book to introduce
landscape ecologists to the discipline of knowledge transfer. The book considers knowledge
transfer in general, critically examines aspects of transfer that are unique to forest landscape ecology,
and reviews several case studies of successful applications for policy developers and forest managers in
North America. Readers are encouraged to recognize the value of sharing their knowledge, and to understand
their role in active knowledge transfer. The intent is to connect, as seamlessly and effectively as possible, ecological
principles to policy and practice.
This book is written for researchers, academics and students in landscape ecology and related fields,
as well as policymakers and land and resource managers who are interested in landscape-level approaches.
Written for ecologists, land managers, forest managers, students, professionals.
Foreword by Monica Turner
To find similar publications, click on a keyword below:
- Knowledge Transfer in Forest Landscape Ecology: A Primer
- Transfer and Extension of Forest Landscape Ecology: A Matter of Models and Scale.
- A Collaborative, Iterative Approach to Transferring Modeling Technology to Land Managers.
- Development and Transfer of Spatial Tools Based on Landscape Ecological Principles: Supporting Public
- Participation in Forest Restoration Planning in the Southwestern United States
- Transferring Landscape Ecological Knowledge in a Multi-Partner Landscape: The Border Lakes Region of Minnesota
- Applications of Forest Landscape Ecology and the Role of Knowledge Transfer in a Public Land Management Agency.
- Moving to the Big Picture: Applying Knowledge from Landscape Ecology to Managing U.S. National Forests.
- Fundamentals of Knowledge Transfer and Extension.
- Synthesis: What are the Lessons for Landscape Ecologists?.
: agriculture & forestry
: modelling, computer & mathematical