Cereals and Millets
Edited by Chittaranjan Kole
This is volume 1 in the series Genome Mapping and Molecular Breeding in Plants
Hardcover 349 p., 25 illus., 3 in colour, ISBN 9783540340317
Genome Mapping and Molecular Breeding in Plants presents the current status of the
elucidation and improvement of plant genomes of economic interest. The focus is on genetic
and physical mapping, positioning, cloning, monitoring of desirable genes by molecular breeding and the
most recent advances in genomics. The series comprises seven volumes: Cereals and Millets; Oilseeds; Pulses,
Sugar and Tuber Crops; Fruits and Nuts; Vegetables; Technical Crops; and Forest Trees.
Cereals and Millets form the leading group of field crops, providing staple food for most of the earth€s population.
This volume, with contributions by 27 eminent scientists, includes chapters on rice, wheat, maize, barley, oats, rye,
sorghum, pearl millet, foxtail millet and finger millet. The emphasis is on advanced research on the major crops,
including the model plants maize and rice, as well as on future road maps of genomic research for the less-often
considered but equally deserving cereals and millets.
Written for researchers in genetics, genomics, biotechnology, agriculture, plant sciences, and plant breeding
To find similar publications, click on a keyword below:
- Rice, P.K. Subudhi, T. Sasaki, G.S. Khush
- Wheat, R.K.Varshney,H.S. Balyan, P.
- Maize, H. Cai
- Barley, G. Backes, J. Orabi, G. Fischbeck, A. Jahoor
- Oat, H.W. Rines, S.J. Molnar,N.A. Tinker, R.L. Phillips
- Secale, T. Chikmawati, X.-F. Ma, K. Ross, Miftahudin, J.P.
- Sorghum, H.P. Singh,H.C. Lohithaswa
- Pearl Millet, K.M.Devos,W.W.Hanna, P.Ozias-
- Foxtail Millet,
- Finger Millet, M.M. Dida, K.M. Devos
: agriculture & forestry
: plant genetics
: plant science