Heterogeneous Enantioselective Hydrogenation - Theory and Practice
Edited by Klabunovskii, Evgenii, Smith, Gerard V., Zsigmond, Agnes
This book reviews the development of enantioselective hydrogenation reaction catalysts. It looks at the
first relatively ineffective catalysts right through to modern highly effective enantioselective catalytic systems,
comparable in their efficiency to chiral metal complexes and enzymatic systems. The book begins with a summary
of the first work on heterogeneous metal catalysts, which showed only the principal possibilities of enantioselective
reactions. It then elaborates on metal catalysts which have enantioselectivities close to 100%.
Hardcover 304 p. ISBN 9781402042942
practical utilization of chiral catalytic systems in processes of hydrogenation is described. The alpha-
and beta-hydroxy carboxylic acid esters produced are precursors for manufacturing many synthones used for
medicines as well as for monomers used for biodegradable polyesters, both of which have important practical
The volume summarizes more than 800 scientific papers in the field of enantioselective catalytic
hydrogenation reactions, mainly those using heterogeneous metal catalysts. It provides detailed
explanations of special techniques for the preparation of effective dissymmetric catalysts which provide
highly efficient catalytic systems. This book differs from previous publications by virtue of the recommendations
for the practical utilization of recently described preparations of metal catalysts.
This book will be an invaluable resource to catalysis researchers as well as to those utilizing the technology.
Of interest to workers, specialists and professionals working in catalysis, polymers, heterogeneous catalysis,
- Asymmetric adsorption on minerals
- Attempts of asymmetric adsorption on clays.
- Asymmetric adsorption on quartz crystals.
- Imprinting chiral adsorbents: specifically modified silica gels.
- Heterogeneous hydrogenation catalysts based on quartz: General.
- Asymmetric hydrogenation on metal-quartz catalysts.
- General comments on adsorption and catalysis using quartz-crystals.
- On the mechanism of Quartz -catalysis.
- Evaluation of absolute configurations on data from Quartz-catalysis.
- Heterogeneous catalysts supported on chiral carriers.
- Pd-silica catalysts.
- Metal colloids as asymmetric catalysts.
- Asymmetric template catalysis.
- Metal catalysts supported on polymers.
- Hydrogenation on catalysts based on Ni and bimetals: Background and elaboration of Ni catalysts modified with
amino- and hydroxy acids.
- Preparation variables for new nickel catalysts modified with tartaric acid
- Bimetallic and multimetallic modified hydrogenation catalysts.
- Modified nickel and bimetallic catalysts.
- Mechanism of enantioselective hydrogenation.
- Asymmetric hydrogenation of 2-oxocarboxylic acid esters and unsaturated carboxylic acids on modified Pt and
- Properties of catalysts.
- Structure of the modifiers
- Structure of substrate.
- Effects of solvents and additives
- Reaction variables.
- On the mechanism of hydrogenation.
- Electrochemical enantioselective reduction:
- Practical asymmetric catalytic reactions.
- Asymmetric metal complex catalysts in industry.
- Heterogenized metal complex catalysts.
- Asymmetric hydrogenation of alpha-keto esters on chiral metal complexes
- Catalytic synthesis of pantolactone and other pharmaceuticals - using chiral homogeneous metal complexes
To find similar publications, click on a keyword below:
: electrochemical methods