Edited by Gnanamanickam, Samuel S.
This volume is developed on the broad theme of plant-associated bacteria. It is envisioned as a resource
volume for researchers working with beneficial and harmful groups of bacteria associated with crop plants.
The book is divided into two parts. Part I (9 chapters) on beneficial bacteria includes chapters on symbiotic
nitrogen fixers, diazotrophs, epiphytes, endophytes and rhizosphere bacteria and deleterious rhizobacteria.
Part II (8 chapters) consists of detailed descriptions of 8 genera of plant pathogenic bacteria: Agrobacterium,
Clavibacter, soft-rot Erwinia, Pseudomonas, Xanthomonas, Ralstonia, Burkholderia and Acidovorax
and Herbaspirillum. There is an opening chapter on the plant-associated bacteria survey, molecular
phylogeny, genomics and recent advances. And each chapter includes terminology/definitions,
molecular phylogeny, methods that can be used (both traditional and latest molecular tools) and applications.
Hardback 724 p ISBN 9781402045363
Softcover 724 p ISBN 9781402045370
Written for research scientists in microbiology, plant pathology, plant physiology, chemistry, genetics and
- 1. Plant-associated bacteria: survey, molecular biology genomics and recent advances; G.A. Beattie.
- 2. Rhizobium-legume symbioses: molecular signals elaborated by rhizobia that are important for nudulation;
H.B. Krishnan, J.O. Bennett.
- 3. Nitorgen fixing bacteria in nonlegumes; D.A. Dalton, S. Kramer.
- 4. Epiphytic bacteria, their ecology and functions; S.S. Gnanamanickam, J.E. Immanuel.
- 5. Bacterial endophytes: The endophytic niche, its occupants and its utility; C.W. Bacon, D.M. Hinton.
- 6. Plant growth-promoting rhizobacteria (PGPR); A.R. Podile, G.K. Kishore.
- 7. Contribution of studies on suppressive soils to the identification of bacterial biocontrol agents
and to the knowledge of their modes of action; P. Lemanceau et al.
- 8. Root-associated bacteria including systemic resistance; L.C. van Loon, P.A.H.M. Bakker.
- 9. Rhizosphere competence and role of root colonization in biocontrol; S. de Weert, G. Bloemberg.
- 10. Deleterious rhizobacteria; R.J. Kremer.
- 11. Agrobacterium biology and crown gall disease; A. Anand, K. Mysore.
- 12. Clavibacter michiganensis, a group of gram-positive phytopathogenic bacteria; R. Eichenlaub et al.
- 13. The soft rot Erwinia; A.O. Charkowsky.
- 14. Plant pathogenic Pseudomonas species; M. Hofte, P. de Vos.
- 15. Virulence functions of xanthomonads; S. Subramoni et al.
- 16. Plant pathogenic Ralstonia species; T. Denny.
- 17. Burkholderia; R. Gitaitis, K. Nischwitz.
- 18. Plant pathogenic members of the genera Acidovorax and Herbaspirillum; M. Fegan.
To find similar publications, click on a keyword below:
: biology, general
: nitrogen fixation
: plant pathology
: plant science