Activated Carbon Surfaces in Environmental Remediation
Teresa J. Bandosz
Activated Carbon Surfaces in Environmental Remediation provides a comprehensive summary of the
environmental applications of activated carbons. In order to understand the removal of contaminants and
pollutants on activated carbons, the theoretical bases of adsorption phenomena are discussed. The effects
of pore structure and surface chemistry are also addressed from both science and engineering perspectives.
Each chapter provides examples of real applications with an emphasis on the role of the carbon surface in
adsorption or reactive adsorption. The practical aspects addressed in this book cover the broad spectrum
of applications from air and water cleaning and energy storage to warfare gas removal and
Hardback 588 pp ISBN 9780123705365
This book can serve as a handbook or reference book for graduate students, researchers and practitioners with
an interest in filtration, water treatment, adsorbents and air cleaning, in addition to environmental policies and
Readership: Graduate students, researchers and practitioners with an interest in filtration, water treatment, adsorbents and air cleaning, in addition to environmental policies and regulations
To find similar publications, click on a keyword below:
- Types of carbon adsorbents and their production (J. Ángel Menéndez Díaz, I. Martin-Gullon).
- Pore formation and control in carbon materials (M. Ingaki, J.M.D. Tascon).
- Characterization of nanoporous carbons by using gas adsorption Isotherms (M. Jaroniec, J. Choma).
- Surface chemistry of activated carbons and its characterization (T.J. Bandosz, C.O. Ania).
- Desulfurization on activated carbons (T.J. Bandosz).
- Applications of nanotextured carbons for supercapacitors and hydrogen storage (E. Raymundo-Pinero,
- Activated carbon adsorption in drinking water treatment (T. Karanfil).
- Adsorption of organic compounds onto activated carbon € applications in water and air treatments
(P. Le Cloirec, C. Faur).
- Activated carbon filters and their industrial applications (J. Przepiorski).
- Adsorption of chemical warfare agents (P. Lodewyckx).
- Activated carbons as medical adsorbents (S.V. Mikhalovsky, V.G. Nikolaev).
: environmental protection
: waste treatment
: water science