Yeasts in Food and Beverages
Edited by Querol, Amparo; Fleet, Graham H.
Yeasts play a key role in the production of many foods and beverages. This role now extends beyond their
widely recognized contributions to the production of alcoholic beverages and bread to include the production
of many food ingredients and additives, novel uses as probiotic and biocontrol agents, their significant role
as spoilage organisms, and their potential impact on food safety. Drawing upon the expertise of leading yeast
researchers, this book provides a comprehensive account of the ecology, physiology, biochemistry, molecular
biology, and genomics of the diverse range of yeast species associated with the production of foods
Hardcover VIII, 453 p. 52 illus., 2 in colour ISBN 9783540283881
Written for: Institutes, libraries, scientists, researchers
To find similar publications, click on a keyword below:
- The Commercial and Community Significance
of Yeasts in Food and Beverage Production, Graham H. Fleet .
- Taxonomic and Ecological Diversity of Food and Beverage Yeasts,
Patrizia Romano, Angela Capece and Lene Jespersen
- Molecular Methods to Identify and Characterize Yeasts
in Foods and Beverages,
M.T. Fernández-Espinar, P. Martorell, R. de Llanos and Amparo Querol
- Yeast Ecological Interactions. Yeast-Yeast, Yeast-Bacteria,
Yeast-Fungi Interactions and Yeasts as Biocontrol Agents,
Bennie C. Viljoen .
- Physiological and Molecular Responses of Yeasts
to the Environment,
Graeme M. Walker and Patrick Van Dijck .
- Molecular Mechanisms Involved in the Adaptive Evolution
of Industrial Yeasts,
Eladio Barrio, Sara S. González, Armando Arias, Carmela Belloch
and Amparo Querol .
- Principles and Applications of Genomics and Proteomics
in the Analysis of Industrial Yeast Strains,
Ursula Bond and Anders Blomberg .
- Carbohydrate Metabolism,
J. Richard Dickinson and Arthur L. Kruckeberg
- Yeasts as Biocatalysts,
Pierre Strehaiano, Felipe Ramon-Portugal and Patricia Taillandier
- Production of Antioxidants, Aromas, Colours, Flavours,
and Vitamins by Yeasts,
Charles A. Abbas
- Food and Beverage Spoilage Yeasts,
- The Public Health and Probiotic Significance of Yeasts
in Foods and Beverages,
Graham H. Fleet and Roostita Balia .
- The Development of Superior Yeast Strains for the Food
and Beverage Industries: Challenges, Opportunities
and Potential Benefits,
Kevin J. Verstrepen, Paul J. Chambers and Isak S. Pretorius
: food science