Phytobacteriology: Principles and Practice
J D Janse
This comprehensive manual of phytobacteriology is heavily illustrated with over 200 colour photographs
and line illustrations. It begins by outlining the history and science of bacteriology and gives an overview
of the diversity and versatility of complex bacteria. It then explains the characterization, identification and naming
of complex bacteria, and explores how bacteria can cause disease and how plants react to such disease.
The book also discusses the economic importance of bacterial diseases as well as strategies for their control
and the reduction of crop losses. It concludes with fifty examples of plant pathogenic bacteria and the diseases
that they cause.
Hardback 368 pp ISBN 9781845930257
Softcover 368 pp ISBN 9781845936006
Readership: Researchers in plant pathology.
To find similar publications, click on a keyword below:
- Introduction to bacteriology and bacteria
- Phytobacteriology and diagnosis of bacterial diseases of plants
- Disease and symptoms caused by plant pathogenic bacteria
- Damage and losses
- Prevention and control of bacterial pathogens and diseases
- Examples of bacterial diseases of cultivated and wild plants
- Suggested reading and literature cited
: disease control
: plant pathology
: plant science