Edited by Jozef Samaj, Frantisek Baluska and Diedrik Menzel
This is volume one in a new series Plant Cell Monographs
Hardcover X, 314 p. 39 illus., 5 in colour ISBN 9783540281979
Endocytosis is a fundamental biological process, which is conserved among all eukaryotes.
It is essential not only for many physiological and signalling processes but also for interactions
between eukaryotic cells and pathogens or symbionts. This book covers all aspects of endocytosis
in both lower and higher plants, including basic types of endocytosis, endocytic compartments, and
molecules involved in endocytic internalization and recycling in diverse plant cell types. It provides
a comparison with endocytosis in animals and yeast and discusses future prospects in this new and rapidly
evolving plant research field. Readers will find an
overview of the state-of-the-art methods and techniques applied in plant endocytosis research.
To find similar publications, click on a keyword below:
- Methods and Molecular Tools for Studying Endocytosis in Plants € an Overview.
- Endocytic Uptake of Nutrients, Cell Wall Molecules and Fluidized Cell Wall Portions into
Heterotrophic Plant Cells.-Plant Prevacuolar Compartments and Endocytosis.
- Plant Vacuoles: from Biogenesis to Function.
- Molecular Dissection of the Clathrin-Endocytosis Machinery in Plants.
- Receptor-Mediated Endocytosis in Plants.
- Sterol Endocytosis and Trafficking in Plant Cells.
- Auxin Transport and Recycling of PIN Proteins in Plants.
- MDR/PGP Auxin Transport Proteins and Endocytic Cycling.
- Rab GTPases in Plant Endocytosis.
- SNAREs in Plant Endocytosis and the Post-Golgi Traffic.
- Dynamin-Related Proteins in Plant Endocytosis.
- Endocytosis and Actomyosin Cytoskeleton.
- Endocytosis and Endosymbiosis.
- Endocytosis in Guard Cells.
- Endocytosis and Membrane Recycling in Pollen Tubes.
- Tip Growth and Endocytosis in Fungi
: cell biology
: plant science