Stormwater Management for Smart Growth
Allen P Davis and Richard H McCuen,
The challenges faced by professionals as related to the management of stormwater runoff are rapidly changing.
First-generation stormwater management focused on providing flood protection and limiting peakflow, whereas
now a greater emphasis is being placed on water quality. Consequently, stormwater management is shifting with
more emphasis on treatment practices and techniques to improve stormwater quality to protect against stream,
river and estuary degradation.
Hardcover XVI, 368 p ISBN 9780387260488
Stormwater Management for Smart Growth emphasizes a multidisciplinary approach to
solving problems related to water quantity and quality issues associated with urban development.
State-of-the-art control methods that integrate concepts related to both quantity and quality goals are
presented. From a fundamental overview of supporting information on water quality, statistics and hydrology to
detailed sections devoted to treatment and management practices, this book contains the latest information available
on stormwater management.
The book includes:
Written for senior-level or graduate course in the management of urban stormwater quality and quantity,
practicing professionals, engineers, hydrologists, geologists, natural resource managers, ecologists and
possibly land developers.
- Emphasis on both hydrologic and water quality issues throughout all sections
- Comprehensive coverage of stormwater management practices, including design, performance,
and maintenance issues
- Inclusion of many natural and vegetated stormwater management systems
- Coverage of pollutant and runoff volume reduction through smart growth and low impact development practices
To find similar publications, click on a keyword below:
- Water quality parameters.
- Statistical methods for data analysis.-
- Storm water hydrology.
- Introduction to modeling.
- Storm water quality.
- Treatment of stormwater runoff.
- Flow control design.
- Vegetative controls.
- Traps, filters, and basins.
- Design of wetlands.
- Low impact development.
: business & management
: water science