Competitive Engineering - A Handbook For Systems Engineering, Requirements Engineering, and Software Engineering Using Planguage
Paperback 480 pages ISBN 9780750665070
This book documents Tom Gilb's ground-breaking approach to communicating management objectives and
systems engineering requirements, clearly and unambiguously.
- Provides detailed, practical and innovative coverage of key subjects including requirements specification,
design evaluation, specification quality control and evolutionary project management
- Offers a complete, proven and meaningful 'end-to-end' process for specifying, evaluating, managing and
delivering high quality solutions
- Tom Gilb's clients include HP, Intel, CitiGroup, IBM, Nokia and the US Department of Defense
Competitive Engineering is of value to anyone involved in management and risk control.
Already used by thousands of project managers and systems engineers around the world, this is
a handbook for initiating, controlling and delivering complex projects on time and within budget. The
Competitive Engineering methodology provides a practical set of tools and techniques that enable readers
to effectively design, manage and deliver results in any complex organization - in engineering, industry, systems
engineering, software, IT, the service sector and beyond.
Elegant, comprehensive and accessible, the Competitive Engineering methodology provides a practical set
of tools and techniques that enable readers to effectively design, manage and deliver results in any
complex organization - in engineering, industry, systems engineering, software, IT, the service sector and beyond.
This is a professional reference for engineers and engineering managers, plus general managers involved in
systems engineering, specification, design, project management and quality management.
Key industries: software, aerospace, automotive, and civil engineering
To find similar publications, click on a keyword below:
- 1. Planguage Basics and Process Control;
- 2. Introduction to Requirements;
- 3. Functions;
- 4. Performance;
- 5. Scales of Measure;
- 6. Resources, Budgets and Costs;
- 7. Design Ideas and
- 8. Specification Quality Control;
- 9. Impact Estimation;
- 10. Evolutionary Project
- Planguage Concept Glossary
: business & management
: quality control