Soy Protein and Formulated Meat Products
H W Hoogenkamp
Hardback 304 pp ISBN 9780851998640
Soy-based foods represent a growing sector in today's food industry markets. They tend to be low in fat and
high in protein and overall nutritional quality. Soy protein offers a broad spectrum of functionality and is now a
key component of many processed meat products.
- Provides crucial knowledge for anyone interested in the role of non-meat proteins in meat processing
- Integrates science and technology with issues of marketing and lifestyles
- Combines a high degree of technical knowledge with a wealth of practical industry experience
This book provides an authoritative review of soy protein science and technology, particularly in relation to meat
formulations. These topics are related to the major issues that face consumers and manufacturers, including healthy
lifestyles, food safety and market dynamics. One key feature of the book is the large number of tables providing
formulations for a range of products, including emulsified meats, sausage, pate, poultry- and other meat-based foods.
The author has vast experience in industry and is a pioneer of the use of soy proteins, of the concept of "lifestyle foods"
and of the growing impact of vegetarian food preferences.
Readership: Advanced students and professionals in human nutrition and in food and meat science and technology.
To find similar publications, click on a keyword below:
- Foreword, Dan Murphy
- Foreword, Patrick Mannion
- The Soy Journey
- Soy Protein Essentials
- Soy Protein Paradigms and Dynamics
- A Long and Winding Road: A History of Meat Processing
- Lifestyle Foods Paradigms
- Downsizing Super-Sized Food
- Genetically Modified Organisms (GMO)
- Functional Non-meat Protein Properties
- Emulsified Meats
- Meat Patties
- Ingredients for Whole Muscle Meats
- Breaded Poultry Foods
- Dry Fermented Sausage
- Liver Sausage and PÔtÚs
- Protein Enhanced Fresh Meat
: food ingredients
: food science
: nutrition, human