Science and Technology of Rubber -3rd edition
Edited by James Mark and Burak Erman
Hardback 768 pp ISBN 9780124647862
The 3rd edition of The Science and Technology of Rubber provides a broad survey of elastomers with special
emphasis on materials with a rubber-like elasticity. As in the 2nd edition, the emphasis remains on a unified treatment
of the material; exploring topics from the chemical aspects such as elastomer synthesis and curing, through recent
theoretical developments and characterization of equilibrium and dynamic properties, to the final applications of
rubber, including tire engineering and manufacturing.
- Explores new applications of rubber within the tire industry, from new filler materials to "green tires"
(a tire that has yet to undergo curing and vulcanization).
- 30% of the material has been revised from the previous edition with the addition of 20% new material,
including a chapter on the environment.
- A mixture of theory, experiments, and practical procedures will offer value to students, practitioners, and
research and development departments in industry.
Many advances have been made in polymer and elastomers research over the past ten years since the 2nd
edition was published. Updated material stresses the continuous relationship between the ongoing research
in synthesis, physics, structure and mechanics of rubber technology and industrial applications. Special attention
is paid to recent advances in rubber-like elasticity theory and new processing techniques for elastomers.
This new edition is comprised of 20% new material, including a new chapter on environmental issues and
Of interest to practicing engineers involved with materials science and research, specifically in polymer and
elastomer science. · Professionals and practitioners in the rubber industry, with special emphasis on the tire
industry and professional societies interested in promoting efficient and environmentally appropriate systems
for the life cycle of rubber products.
To find similar publications, click on a keyword below:
- 1. Rubber Elasticity: Basic Concepts and Behavior,
- 2. Polymerization,
- 3. Structure Characterization in
the Science and Technology of Elastomers,
- 4. The Molecular Basis of Rubberlike Elasticity,
- 5. Dynamic
- 6. Rheological Behavior of Processing of Unvulcanized Rubber,
- 7. Vulcanization,
8. Reinforcement of Elastomers by Particulate Fillers,
- 9. The Science of Rubber Compounding,
- 10. Strength
- 11. The Chemical Modification of Polymers,
- 12. Elastomer Blends,
- 13. Thermoplastic
- 14. Tire Engineering,
- 15. Recycling.
- Chapter References.
- Subject Index.
: life cycle analysis
: plastics & polymers