Urban Forests and Trees - A Reference Book
Edited by Konijnendijk, C.C.; Nilsson, K.; Randrup, T.B.; Schipperijn, J.
This book covers all aspects of planning, designing, establishing and managing forests and trees and forests in and near
urban areas. The disciplinary background of the authors is varied, ranging from forestry and horticulture to landscape
ecology, landscape architecture and even plant pathology.
Hardcover XX, 516 p. 168 illus., ISBN 9783540251262
The first chapters in the first part of the book deal with the concept, history, chapter deal with the form, function and
benefits and functions of urban forests and urban trees. , after which these are followed by second part the chapters
in the second partthat focus on the more strategic aspects of accommodating the demands of the urban population,
including policies, design, public participation and partnerships. In the third part the reader will find chapters on .
But main emphasis is given to the establishment and selection of trees for urban uses, as well as information on
growing conditions specific for urban areas. Part four deals with the management of urban forests and trees,
including the use of information in management and a chapter on an overview of arboricultural practices.
Finally the book concludes with three chapters that providinge an overview of research and education in the
field as well as shed someding light on the future perspectives for planning and managing urban forests and trees.
Written for scientists, researchers, libraries, institutes, practitioners, professionals, lecturers, tutors, graduates in
Landscape and Urban Planning, Landscape Ecology, Geography, Geoecology, Ecology, Forestry, Soil Sciences,
Horticulture, Environmental Sciences
To find similar publications, click on a keyword below:
- The Concept of Urban Forestry in Europe.
- A History of Urban Forests and Trees in Europe.
- Urban Forest Resources in European
- Benefits and Uses of Urban Forests and Trees.
- Urban Forest Policy and Planning.
- Design of
- The Role of Partnerships in Urban Forestry.
- Involving People in Urban Forestry
A Discussion of Participatory Practices throughout Europe.
Plant Quality and Establishment.
The Selection of Plant Materials for Street Trees, Park Trees and Urban Woodland.
- The Abiotic Urban Environment: Impact of Urban Growing Conditions on Urban Vegetation.
- Biotic Urban Growing Conditions
- Threats, Pests and Diseases.
- Management of Urban Woodland and Parks
- Searching for Creative and Sustainable Concepts.
- Information for Urban Forest Planning and Management.
- Arboricultural Practices.
- Research on Urban Forests and Trees in Europe.-
- Urban Forestry in Europe: Innovative Solutions and Future Potential.
- Urban Forestry Education.
: agriculture & forestry
: pests and diseases
: trees and timber
: urban environment